CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

BIG CHANGES......

We just got back from a weekend out west. We went back to Scott City for my niece, Cassidy's, 12th Birthday party. I cannot believe she is 12! My sister was smart this year and had her friend party Friday night before we all got there and then the family gathering Saturday. It was great to be there but unfortunately she had to leave about 3pm to go with her Dad so we saw them for about 4.5 hours. I know this is just they way it is but it sometimes makes me sad and poor Raelynn just wants to be with them.

Anyway, Saturday night our family and Cody's family (Steph's boyfriend) all went out target shooting. Now if this isn't something that only happens in Hickville I don't know what is. So we all load up, drive a few miles out of town to this guys house and out behind his house they have built a bunker. We put up our cardboard targets and we're ready to go. The whole thing kind of made me laugh. Things are so simple there. There are no hoops to jump through when you get the urge to do something, you just go do it. My Dad serves on the police department there part time and he has great respect for guns so before we could shoot, we had a lesson. Now if you can only imagine me and my sisters standing there with my Dad why he tries to teach us how to shoot. Most people would never even consider offering us a gun if they were within a mile of us! Steph has shot with Cody so she was reasonably good at it and Sherri is serious about everything so she didn't seem awkward there but then there was Karli who was just a little scared about it all and then me who had to borrow some flip flops just to go out so I didn't have to wear my heals! Anyway, it turned out to be pretty fun for us all. We shot a variety of guns between what my Dad had and what Cody and his family had. We also got the pleasure of seeing an enormous snake and millions of rabbits, non of which we shot.




The time all went by too quick and Sunday morning we were back on the road headed home. We made it home in time for me to rush to my aerobic meeting. I finally got home about 6:30pm for dinner and bathes. I sat down in the living room to have a few minutes with the kids and Raelynn asked if she and Coop could wrestle. It is so cute to watch, Terry and I just laughed. They wrestled and the chased each other and played hide and seek. It was hard to get them calmed for bed but all worth the smiles.

So tonight we got ready for our big week ahead. We have changed daycare providers for the kids; a decision that was more difficult than one could imagine. The kids will start their new daycare tomorrow. I am quite sure I am more nervous about it then they are but excited at the same time. There are so many things that change from our schedule to our financial responsibility and it all makes me a little stressed but I think it is going to be great. We are going to have to leave a little earlier in the mornings so tonight the kids laid out their clothes for tomorrow and agreed to get dressed when they got up. I can only hope that Raelynn does not change her mind :) This is a crazy week not only with the change in daycare but also with multiple doctor visits and Raelynn goes to VBS with Aunt Bonnie. We are just praying for a smooth transition and by Friday hope we still feel we have made the right decision. Another week that is sure to hold more laughter and tears!

0 comments: