CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

THE RESCHEDULING HAS BEGUN.....

The surgery rescheduling chaos has already began. We received a call while we were on vacation from CMH and I called them back today. Coop's surgery has been rescheduled for September 28th at 6 am, which means we will need to be there around 4 am and pre op is on Friday the 25th. I really don't mind them rescheduling. It happens every time but I figure the longer we can put it off the better :) not to mention considering what they do I think I can adjust my schedule to meet theirs. It just makes me laugh b/c when we got their message that we needed to call, both Terry and I chuckled because it was a call we expected to get at some point. Anyway, so the 25th of September is the new dreaded date. Speaking of Coop....the boy is a talking maniac. He said "Gloria" today and tonight he has talked non stop. He now is saying so many things but nothing is very clear so when I don't know what he is saying he gets a little frustrated. Tonight he wanted some ice cream but Terry didn't know what he wanted. After awhile of repeating himself he just broke down crying. I know we shouldn't have but we couldn't help but laugh. He was so hurt and frustrated and he was in full tears. When we do figure out what he wants he smiles so big and is so proud of himself. He came up to me after dinner and said "bath". I said, "you want to take your bath?" He shook his head yes. So we got ready for his bath and I put him in and he shut the door on me and said "play"! I was cracking up. I told him he could play for a little while and he said "bye"! There was no doubt he wanted to play in the bath without me! It is so great that he is finally starting to communicate. He is also starting to eat new and different things. This weekend he ate some of a pop tart and tonight a rice krispie treat. My hope is some day he will choose to eat something that does not consist solely of sugar.

I made it through my first day without Raelynn and will get to see her tomorrow. I can't wait. I have been able to talk with her thanks to Blackberry Messaging. It is like instant messaging on my phone but you can send voice notes. She sent me 4 voice notes today and it was great to hear her little voice. Tonight I called her and she talked and talked some more. When I told her I should get off the phone she said "no let's talk a little longer" which of course I was happy to do. She talked to Daddy and Cooper as well. Coop managed to tell her "bye" which she got a big kick out of. I really miss her. Even with Cooper the house still seems so quiet. Cooper misses her too. He went into her room tonight and said "NN Bye" NN is what he calls Raelynn. It was so cute. I asked him if he missed her and he shook his head yes and gave me a kiss. Wow, if that didn't bring tears to my eyes! If those two only knew how much control they had over me! I honestly wonder how parents keep that a secret?

0 comments: