CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 11, 2010

UNBELIEVABLE KIDS.......

I think I have said this before, but I have to say it again. I don't want to make it sound like we have no difficult times or rough days with the kids. Raelynn sometimes makes getting dressed in the mornings the most frustrating thing I do all day. She won't wear jeans, shirts can't be too tight around her arms, she can never wear two long sleeves together including her coat....the list goes on and on. Coop will throw toys and markers and when I tell him no, he turns around and does the same thing again. Sometimes he just wines until I pick him up when I am trying to make dinner, put away clothes, bath Raelynn, etc. So no, things are not always perfect, but even during these times I think I have the best kids in the world. Not only do I cherish these times but I think each challenge helps me learn to parent them better. Even when I am most frustrated, there is no place I would rather be. I guess it is because of this I feel like most of our days are so amazingly special that I wish I could freeze them in time. The past couple days have been some of those very special days. On Sunday Raelynn and I headed to church. Typically Raelynn goes to Sunday School and I go to church. When we were walking into the church Raelynn looks up at me and says, "Mom can I go to church with you today, I feel like spending some time with you?" Well who could say no to that. So I remind her that she has to sit quietly the whole time or I would take her to her Sunday School class. She did sit quietly and cuddled up to me most of the service. She even laughed at Pastor Bill's jokes and said he was funny. What a little adult. Equally as sweet has been Cooper the last few evenings. We moved him to a toddler bed which led us to a slight change in routine. Before we would hold him for about 3 to 5 minutes before kissing his sweet face and laying him in the crib. Now that he is in a bed I can lay him down and still be knelt beside him so instead of standing and cuddling I just laid him down and knelt beside the bed. He said, "Mommy" and patted the mattress beside him. With a smile I laid my head down beside him. He proceeded to put his arm around my neck and then started rubbing my back. It was so sweet I couldn't move. He then put his two tiny hands under his face and lay face to face with me. He looked at me and just gave me the most pure and simple smile. My heart melted. Now I remember what lead to me lying with Raelynn every night for a few minutes and just talking about the day. There is something about their calm sweet demeanor as they lay right before falling asleep. This is another time that is indescribable if you have never been a parent. Thank goodness someone decided I needed to be a parent even when I wasn't necessarily thinking so.

Tonight Raelynn started tumbling. She was so excited she was up 45 minutes early this morning! It was so fun to watch her not only tumbling but also her interaction with her friends. I love to see how their little relationships develop. Cooper took another step in eating. Tonight Raelynn requested a banana for bedtime snack. Of course her bedtime snacks are always custom ordered and tonight she wanted the banana sliced and then halved and served with a toothpick. I guess Coop thought this looked good too and when he asked Sissy if he could have a bite, as always, she gave him one. He ate it and even asked for another. He ate 2 to 4 bites. It may not seem like much but for Coop this is HUGE!

I know the world will not always seem so perfect with them, but I am sure enjoying it right now!

0 comments: