CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

THE WAY A WEEKEND SHOULD BE.....

Earlier this week Raelynn brought home a poem that I love. It is what we all need to do from time to time.....

Just for this morning, I am
going to step over the laundry,
and pick you up and take you to the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will
leave the dishes in the sink,
and let you teach me how to put that puzzle
of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will
unplug the telephone and
keep the computer off, and sit with you in the
backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will
not yell once, not even a
tiny grumble when
you scream and whine for the ice
cream truck, and I will buy you one if
he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I won't
worry about what you are
going to be when you grow up, or second guess
every decision I have made
where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let
you help me bake cookies, and I won't
stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take
us to McDonald's and buy us both a
Happy Meal so you can have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold
you in my arms and tell you a story
about how you were born and how
much I love you.

There was no author listed but I love this poem. There is no way we can always walk over the laundry or let dishes sit but there is no doubt that it can happen once in awhile for at least a little while. Today when Raelynn asked if she could watch a movie, I said let's play a game instead. It was great! Later in the afternoon while Coop slept and all I had on my mind was to get a stack of things done, Raelynn asks if we can make a smoothie. I started to stay, "not right now", but instead thought of this poem and we made a smoothie. I remember playing the game and making the smoothie as the best parts of the day and not all the stuff I managed to get done.

Last night was the Cooper's Cause Poke Tournament. We expected a lot more players than showed up but we still raised over $600 which is great! I think everyone had a good time. Raelynn and Coop ran around until about 9pm and then we headed home but the tournament didn't get over until 12:30am. Anyway, it was really pretty fun to see how it all works and we raised money to help another family next year, what else could you want for a Saturday night :)!



Raelynn read Coop his bedtime story tonight. It was so sweet! Coop picked the book but Raelynn knew the whole thing front to back. They are just so sweet together. However, Coop has decided that Sissy's hair is for pulling and Raelynn is not a big fan of that. She told him today that if he keeps pulling her hair she would start pulling his ears! I guess that was the first thing that came to her mind since they just stick out there. Awe.....the love of a brother and sister!


Although Terry loves Raelynn and Cooper so much, he still keeps room in his heart for his first born........

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

A) That picture of Terry is hilarious.

B) Raelynn is the best big sister ever.

C) I love that poem but I would make one change. Instead of "just for this morning," I think it should read "just for these years." Because these early years, all the years that are literally pre-school, will never come back and no years are as important in the development of humans.