CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

COOPER IS GROWING UP TOO......

First I am so excited to say that I have made my first Blog Book and got it this week. It is awesome. I used this program to convert all blogs from when I started in October of 2007 through the end of 2008. I did this first to see how it turned out and then was planning to convert 2009 and then would do each year as we go along. I ordered 2 books so Cooper and Raelynn would each have one. I realize right now it is not that big of a deal to them but can you imagine when they are my age to read back over everything that went on and how your mother felt about it. I think it would be awesome. I had told Realynn about it and on Tuesday when I picked her up from school I let her know it had came in and I would show her after work. When we got home it was the first thing she asked. So she and Cooper sat down beside me on the floor and I showed them this book. I made the comment to Raelynn that I knew right now it wasn't that big of a deal but when she got older she would love it. She stops looking at the book, leans over to me, gives me a strong hug and sweet kiss and says, "Mommy, I already love it!" Oh if she only knew how much that meant to me.

So as I had said we moved Coop into a toddler bed and everything was going great, that was until last Sunday or Monday. For 2 nights in a row Coop was out of bed and into our room 6 or 7 times a night. He would walk in to our room, sometimes to Terry's side, sometimes to mine. We would get up, get him a drink, and put him back into his own bed. Of course with him getting up all the time I was sleeping lighter than usual. One time I heard his little patter of foot steps down the hall but they seemed to stop short of our room. I sprung out of bed not knowing why he had stopped before he got to us. As I entered the hall I peaked into Raelynn's room and there Coop was along side her bed. He was brushing her bangs off her forehead so softly and whispering, "Good morning Sissy!" I would have given anything to just stand there and watch Raelynn's reaction when he finally woke her but I knew that was just mean to Raelynn. I went in and got Coop and let him know it was not morning yet and he had to go back to bed. On the third night, Terry was putting Coop to bed and I told Cooper, "you can't get out of bed during the night when Mommy and Daddy are sleeping, if you need something you holler for Mommy and I will come to you." He responded with his standard sweet, "Otay!" Do you know he has not been out of bed since?! He did get up last night but Terry was still up and he just came out to see what he was doing.

Our fun this week has been making dinner. Raelynn usually helps me but this week she and Coop have basically done the cooking....with a little supervision. It might take longer but is sure more fun cooking with little helpers. They managed to make Smothered Chicken and egg, bacon and cheese biscuits and have eaten much better as well, at least Raelynn has :)

Tomorrow we make our first presentation of funds for the foundation to 2 families. I am so excited to meet them and to give them some support. This is all so great I cannot believe it is really happening!!!

1 comments:

Huber Family said...

Okay, I am soooo gonna have to be a copycat and have you show me how you did the blog book. Too cool! Also, can you please tell Gage that he needs to stay in his bed, too? Maybe he will listen to you = )