CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

COOPER'S CAUSE PROVIDES ASSISTANCE.....

Saturday was a big day for us. We awarded the first families funds from Cooper's Cause Foundation. It was such a good feeling and I can't wait to help others. Both families were so deserving and I am so happy with the boards choice. We have been so fortunate to get this far!

We go tomorrow to CMH to visit Coop's cardiologist and get an idea of when they will plan his next surgery. I am very happy to be going because there has been a few things going on that we are not real comfortable with. Monday morning was one of those things. I got Coop out of bed and got him dressed. He had been up for a little while and we were in the bathroom brushing his teeth and doing his hair. He had not been very active or talkative but I had just figured he wasn't really awake yet. Anyway, he started turning purple, real purple, around his mouth and the works. He then started shaking and he was very tense. I quickly started talking to him and the thought that he might be having a seizure crossed my mind but I am somewhat familiar with seizures and I knew he wasn't because he was talking to me and looking at me and so forth. Anyway, a little bit after that he threw up all over. After that his color returned to normal and he became active and talkative and everything just like nothing had happened. Similar things to this have happened a couple other times just not quite so severe. Anyway, it definitely makes us a little cautious and it will be nice to get some answers tomorrow. Besides the scary things Coop does, he also makes us laugh......a lot! Last night I was laying in bed with Raelynn reading her story. Terry was in Coop's room reading him a story. Terry and Coop finished their story and Terry put Coop to bed. Terry walked out of Coop's room and headed down the hall. Something caught my eye and I looked up to see Coop following right behind Terry but Terry had no idea he had gotten out of bed. Raelynn and I were giggling. The next thing we hear is Terry saying, "Cooper! What are you doing out of bed?" It was really funny! Tonight he spilled his milk on his shirt at dinner time. He wanted his shirt off because it was wet so I took it off. He then wanted his pants off because they were wet too. I took them off and so there he was with just a diaper on. He looks down at himself, starts laughing hysterically. Raelynn and I are laughing just because it was funny he was laughing so hard. Then he puts his arms up like he was flexing his muscles and growled. I have no idea what the boy was doing but to see his skinny little body standing in a diaper and flexing his muscles would have made anyone laugh! Raelynn thinks her brother is hilarious too!!!

1 comments:

Stefenie said...

Saying lots of prayers that you get some answers at his next appointment. These kids sure like to keep us on our toes!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com