CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.......

We had a great Valentine's Day. It is amazing how quickly a day can go by when you do absolutely nothing productive :)! I received fabulous Valentine's Day gifts from Terry and the kids. I got the biggest Valentine's Day card you have ever seen and it played "Simply the Best!" It was awesome. It was followed by licorice and beautiful flowers. The best part was that Terry came home Saturday and picked Raelynn up to go pick out my Valentine's. I love it that they do this because it is not only sweet but Raelynn gets so excited to give it to me and therefore makes me so excited to receive it. I think she and Terry have a great time picking things out together too.

We also spoiled the kids with some Valentine's Day treats and gifts and Terry scored some Peanut M&M's and a bottle of wine. All in all I think we all loved both the giving and the receiving.



We headed to Emma Wiley's birthday party this morning at LGA which is always fun for the kids.....and Terry! After that we headed out to eat for lunch. It was very cold and windy and of course I was complaining about being cold. Raelynn abruptly told me to "quit whining Mom, we know it's cold!" Of course Terry loved this and rewarded her lecture with a high five! After lunch we headed home and did nothing. Literally we laid around, played with the kids and just hung out. We hardly ever do this so it was great!






Cooper also kicked back today, watched the Olympics and played some Blues on his harmonica!
The kids are now in bed and I so wish we had just one more day together but I guess that will give me something to look forward to for the next 5 days. Tuesday we have the kickoff luncheon for the March of Dimes March for Babies Walk. We are the honorary family this year and are looking forward to it. March of Dimes funds much research for preventing and treating birth defects. They have actually helped fund some of the researching that is leading the way in developing a valve like the one Coop needs that actually grows with the patient. Therefore, theoretically Coop would have been able to have the valve in place in his first surgery and that would have been it in regards to the valve. As opposed to our current situation where we are approaching his third open heart surgery in hopes that he will be big enough this time to insert the valve. So needless to say, we are thrilled to help in any way we can.

1 comments:

Stefenie said...

I have some awards for you on my blog!

Stop by and grab them!

www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com