CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

JUST GOING ALONG.................

From birth to about 9 months old Cooper threw up ALL the time! During that time along with everything else we just dealt with it and that was that. For the past year or so Coop has been pretty low maintenance. We have a few scares and issues here and there but mostly it has been pretty easy going. So I guess Coop just thought out job was getting a little too easy because we are back to the throwing up again. For the last 3 or 4 weeks Coop has been throwing up and it is only getting worse. We spend every day and night trying to figure out why and adjusting things to see if it matters but nothing seems to fit. It could be his heart, his lack of oxygen, his sensitive gag reflex, his quick rise in body temperature, the amount of milk he intakes, his medicines....the list goes on and on. We have pushed less for him to drink, we have adjusted the times we give him his meds, we have tried slowing him down from time to time so his body doesn't lack oxygen, we have tried to dress him warm, we have tried to dress him cool, we have tried EVERYTHING! So we have no answer as to why he is throwing up nor as to how to fix it so last night I decided to embrace it. I found a new support system, it is called the Bissell Little Green Machine! It is awesome. Terry calls it the "Coop Clean Up Kit" and Cooper thinks that is funny. It is small but mighty and Terry and I can now see some hope! Ok, so all kidding aside,Cooper's throwing up is so difficult to understand and so difficult for Coop. Cooper says, "I Torry Mommy" every time he throws up which breaks my heart. He also says his throat hurts which too makes me feel so bad for him. His daycare providers have been great pretending that they are fine with the constant mess. Anyway, we see Dr. Kelley on Tuesday and we will see what he has to say about it all. Once we figure that out then we can start working on why he is waking up all the time during the night. Other than that he is doing great!

Raelynn is getting very concerned about the fact that preschool is about over. Today she asks me what she will do this summer. I tell her she will go to Mary Beth's each day. She asks "Do you think Grandma Karen could teach me this summer so I will be ready for Kindergarten?". This coming from the girl that is starting to read. I assured her that she would be ready but we would continue to work on things. She then told me that I couldn't forget to work with Boo (Cooper) too because he needed to get ready for preschool and the first year of preschool isn't easy! Raelynn also is starting to be quite the comedian. She is learning how to make joking and sarcastic comments and she constantly has me smiling. Wednesday was a terrible day at work and in general the day was one I couldn't wait to get over. I picked the kids up from Mary Beth's and we had to run errands which I was of course dreading. We didn't even make it to our first stop before the kids had me laughing and I had forgotten all about my horrible day. It is unbelievable how they can brighten my day!

Tomorrow they are forecasting more snow so I am not sure what the weekend holds for us. Well better call it good for tonight........hear Coop up again! I can't wait to get past this stage, would love to sleep again someday, hahaha!

1 comments:

Stefenie said...

Poor Cooper! Maybe he has developed reflux and that would explain the vomiting and the waking up at night. Logan had severe reflux and he vomited constantly until he was put on a high dose of reflux meds.

But I also understand fully well it can all be heart related too which can be frustrating.

I am glad you have found your support system in the Bissel. :)

Hoping for good news at your appointment!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com