CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BEAMING WITH PRIDE......................

Today was parent/teacher conferences. Terry and I had teased Raelynn quite a bit the last couple days about what her teacher would say about her and so forth. This morning she was quite distraught about conferences. I guess we had teased her a little too much but it was so cute. She wasn't upset about it she just wanted to know exactly what time we went and if I would tell her what was said. I promised I would and asked her if there was anything she wanted me to talk to her teachers about. She couldn't think of anything and then I asked her what she would like me to tell them she liked. She said, "I like coloring and crafts and really everything!" It was great. So we got to conferences and we could not have been prouder. Her teachers complimented her in so many different ways that Terry and I were almost tearing up with pride. Of course everything thinks their kids is great but to hear someone else who spends so much time with your child and several others say it is so rewarding. When I picked Raelynn up after work I told her how well conferences went, she too was beaming with pride! Like Terry said,"when will the bubble burst?!". Raelynn has been such a strong and mature but fun kid. She is bound to have some difficult years ahead of her but so far she has been amazing. I love her sooooo much!

Yesterday Cooper had another doctors appointment for his synagis shots. The good news of the visit is that Cooper has gained 6 oz. which is wonderful! The bad news is that Dr. Kelley is consulting with Coop's cardiac team to decide if they should do a procedure on his stomach that would reduce the amount of acid reflux which is what Dr. Kelley thinks is causing him to throw up. Dr. Kelley feel like if the cardiac team did the procedure in conjunction with one of his upcoming surgeries, then it would be well worth it. However, if it would have to be an additional surgery, he does not feel like it is worth the risk. In addition Dr. Kelley is still contemplating putting a G-Tube in Cooper's stomach. This would allow us to feed Cooper real food directly in his stomach. I am not sure about either procedure. Of course, we will do and be confident in whatever the doctors advise us to do. However, I would prefer there to be nothing combined with his open heart surgery because I think that surgery itself is going to be plenty difficult. I assume we will hear early next week as to what they decide to do. I really am only concerned with what is best for Cooper and making sure we still have several years with him. He is such a little man!

Tonight when we got home Terry and Raelynn were playing in Raelynn's room. Cooper opened up the closet where Raelynn keeps her babies and he yells, "Baby where are you?" Then he saw her and said, "there you are!" He is just growing up so quickly just as Raelynn has. I just wish I could capture every minute of every day so when I am old and they are grown, I can still feel the way I feel right now.

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

Logan had a feeding tube in his stomach for quite some time until he was able to eat by mouth better. I do know that our surgeon would not allow for any other surgery at the same time as his heart surgery....especially a GI one. He felt it wasn't worth the risk of increasing his chances of infection. They decided to wait to replace his peg tube with the mickey button a week after he had his surgery while he was still in the hospital recovering.

Saying lots of prayers for you!

Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My little girl had severe acid reflux and she couldn't eat anything. We started her on Prilosec and she was able to keep food down and felt so much better. I would try some kind of acid reflux medicine to see if it would help eat better before putting in the tube.

Sabrina