CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NEXT PROCEDURE SCHEDULED AFTER A WEEKEND OF FUN.......

We had yet another fun and busy weekend. Saturday Raelynn had her first official play date. We invited 3 of her little friends over and they played dress up, dolls and baked cookies. I cannot believe I forgot to take pictures but they did keep me pretty busy. It all went well and the girls were all sweethearts with different personalities. Raelynn is getting so big. I remember wondering what it would be like when Raelynn wanted to go to her friends house and they would come to ours. The thought seemed so far away and now it is here. Really it is quite scary! Cooper also loved Raelynn's play date. At first Raelynn just wanted time with her friends and didn't want Coop with them but that didn't last long. Soon she was inviting him along with their fun. He was more than a little sad when he had to lay down for a nap and just kept saying, "I want Grace!" which was one of the little girls that had came over. He is also getting very independent which I love. This morning he wouldn't even let me follow him when he walked into our room to put his pj's in the hamper. He said, "Stop, I do it!" It was so cute. Then I tried to hold his hand as we walked out to the car to leave and again he said, "No! I do it!" I really like this stage. It is when they start to show confidence and adventure. I really like for my kids to be independent so when they start distributing these characteristics I get quite a kick out of it. It also tries my patience a little because you can only imagine how long it takes Coop to put on his coat by himself and of course he decides to do it on the same day we are already running late. I just keep reminding myself to watch and encourage him while being patient because it will be all too soon that these small things will just be ordinary and you can never get back how fun it is to watch them learn for the first time.

Saturday night we went out to dinner with the Keefer's. We had a good meal and fun time with them. Both Raelynn and Coop really like getting to see their Popo(Grandpa). He is so patient with them! I guess this is where Terry gets his patience!

Sunday Raelynn and I decided it was time for Coop to start going to church with us. We had taken him a while back and it didn't go well. He cried non stop. I actually had to leave church to get him out of his class so he would calm down. Well Sunday that was not the case at all. He barely gave me a second look as he said "Bye Momma". I mentioned to one of the teachers that he was not allowed to have water or juice and that he just needed to drink his fortified milk from the straw cup I had brought and briefly said as an explaination, "he has cardiac issues". She nodded and I was off to church. My friend Kelly's son, Kaden, is in the same class so when Kelly came into church I asked her how he was doing and she said great. Knowing Kaden was with Coop I did not bother to go check on him during the service. Afterwards I went to get him and was quickly approached by both teachers. They seemed very concerned and explained that he looked blue and his lips were blue and he seemed tired and his hands were blue and on and on. Oh no! I had obviously not given them enough information about Coop. I always struggle with this because I do not want to blurt out so much they think I am crazy but I certainly do not mean to leave them uninformed and worried. The funny part of it all is that Coop looked good to me, I didn't even realize he was a little dusky or "blue". So I apologized to the teachers and let them know he was just fine but if he threw up or passed out that's when they know to come and get me. Of course, I was chuckling inside because I can only imagine that there is a little part of them hoping we will not be back, but we will :)

Cooper's Cardiac Catheter is scheduled for April 2nd. We will do preop on the 1st and then will have to be there bright and early on the 2nd. After this procedure they will schedule surgery. The catheter is fairly routine these days so it should not be a big problem. I told Coop last night that he was going to have to start getting ready for his next surgery. I asked him if he remembered his last surgery and he said "yea", then I asked if he promised to be strong and make it through this one and he said, "yea". Boy how I wish it were this simple!

0 comments: