CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 22, 2010

KNOCK ON WOOD..................

We are 72 hours throw up free and counting! The last time Coop got sick was Friday afternoon. We have adjusted a few things like giving his meds earlier in the evening and not pushing his milk quite as much. He is still drinking plenty but at night we just let him have a few drinks before bedtime instead of drinking a full cup. This weekend he also ate quite a bit of solid food. No, not any "good for you" food but at least he ate something. Tonight when I was getting Raelynn's apple ready for her bedtime snack, I hollered into the living room and asked Coop if he wanted a bedtime snack. He hollered back, "Yea please". It was pretty cute, then I asked him what he wanted. He came running into the kitchen and said "watcha got?". I have no idea where that came from but it definitely made me smile. I asked him, "how about some cereal?". He replied, "yea please!" and ran back into the living room. I love the way he is communicating now. He is getting to be quite the big boy. Tonight I didn't get home until late and apparently Coop had gotten into a little trouble with Dad. When I asked him how his day was he told me, "I got trouble!". "You did?" I replied. "Yea trouble", he said. I asked him who he got in trouble with and he quickly said Daddy. It was adorable how sincere he sounded. I still am no sure what he did, it didn't really matter, it was just great that he was telling me.

We had another great weekend. Terry and the kids got out and played a little in the snow. We really had a pretty quiet weekend and just hung out together which I cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend. On Sunday night after we put the kids to bed Raelynn asked if Daddy could come in and see her. I came out to the living room and told Terry she wanted to see him. He took a while going back to see her and all the sudden we hear her saying, "I should be hearing footsteps! I don't hear any Daddy footsteps!" She is suck a little comedian. Terry and I burst out laughing and Terry headed down the hall to see her. She is so sarcastic and cracks jokes all the time now. I was watching something on the news last night that just showed a high school and all these kids were walking in the halls. I literally almost starting crying. Raelynn is going to be one of the kids far before I am ready for her to be. She has already grown into this amazing little person and I just cannot believe how much she has changed in the past year. She has this great personality and truly I love everything about her. I hope we can stay close as she grows up. I want so much for my kids to always be able to talk to me, trust me, look up to me, everything! I hope I can always make choices they are proud of. Everything I do I think about them. Who would have known such little people can have such a big impact!

You will notice a March of Dimes March for Babies tracker on the side of my blog. We are the ambassador family for the March of Dimes this year and Terry and I are both trying to raise $200 for them. If you are able to make a donation or would like to walk on our team.....please just click on the tracker. Thanks so much!!!

0 comments: