CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

MORE FUN TIMES.....

This past week held so many laughs. On Thursday I was at work sitting with a client. I had finished helping him but we still talking. I could feel Valerie, my co-worker, staring at me. Finally I turned to her and said, "Did you need something?" She responds, "Don't you have to pick up Raelynn today?". I glance down at the clock on my computer and jump to my feet....11:35am, she gets out of preschool at 11:30am. I tell my client I am sorry but I have to go pick up my daughter and go running out of the office. While I am driving to her preschool I am calling the school and every other Mom's cell phone. When I got there the kids actually got out late and I wasn't really late at all. I was giving all the Mom's a hard time for not answering their cell phones and they are all cracking up that I was so worried about it. When I get to Raelynn I tell her what I did and how worried I was she was going to be the last kid there. She starts laughing and says, "Oh Mom, I would wait for you you don't need to worry!". I love how confident my daughter is.

Friday morning the kids and I were on our own as Terry left early for a job in Missouri. As Cooper was making his bed we heard him saying "Be Happy, wooo hoo hoo....". He has this stuffed cow that sings Don't Worry Be Happy and Coop must have decided it was a catchy little tune. He gave Raelynn and I a good laugh. Cooper had his last synagis shot on Friday as well, Yeah! As we walked into the doctors office he begins to wine and says, "No shot Mommy, No Shot!" How sad. He weighed in right at 23lbs which means he gained a little more. He did have his shots and he was not pleased about it but he survived. Then Friday night we headed to swimming lessons after work. Coop has been having a horrible time with lessons. He cries like crazy! So I talked to Claudine and we decided to take a couple weeks off and just have him watch while Raelynn has hers. Raelynn had finished her lessons and was practicing dives with Rory, one of our favorite coaches. Cooper hopped off my lap and started walking towards Raelynn and Rory. I followed him and he walked right up to Rory. She asked if he wanted to put his feet in which he did and before we knew it she had him in the water playing. He loved it and didn't even want to get out. When we did get out he said, "I want my Rory!" It was so sweet. So maybe a few fun times in the pool he will be back to liking it! After that we headed home for dinner and bathes. As we are getting dinner ready Raelynn says, "Today on Inside Edition there was a family whose house burned down, and Mom you should NEVER go back in a burning house." Now first I found it quite hysterical that my daughter watches Inside Edition and second that we were having this completely adult conversation. I said to her "Honey, if you and Cooper were in the house and it was burning I would go back in to get you." She turns to me and says, "Now you listen to me, you CAN NOT go back in, that is the firefighters job. They will get us out. You go next door to Casey and Brianne's because that is our meeting spot and we will meet you there. Do you understand me?" Because there was nothing else I could say after that, I told her I did understand. Then while we were eating she looks into the living room and says,"Mom do you know you can remodel your house. Well Daddy can anyway. You and me can redecorate and we should do that in the living room." She proceeds to tell me how we can redecorate and then finishes with, "well we should probably wait until the basement is done so we can do everything at once." I guess she has it all figured out! Raelynn grows up more everyday and everyday I grow more in love with her and more proud of her. Friday night Raelynn and I had a slumber party since Terry was gone. We popped popcorn and watched cartoons in bed. By 10pm Raelynn decided it was time to turn off the TV and get some sleep. I am so glad 10pm is late to her!

Coop who is quickly becoming the family comedian. Saturday, he was playing downstairs where Terry and he spend a lot of time as Terry is working on finishing our basement. Like I said Terry was gone and had been since early Friday morning. I here Cooper playing downstairs and after a bit I went down to check on him. There he was with tools (his little kid tools) in hand in the bathroom Terry is currently working on. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "helping Daddy." I remind him Daddy is gone and he says, "ya, I working on the basement, I helping Daddy!". It was too cute, he was "holding" boards with one hand and hammering with the other.

Terry made it back Saturday evening which was a great surprise. The kids with ecstatic and loved having him home in time for bed. Today we had church this morning and then are making a brownie dessert for our new neighbors and then off to an investment club meeting with Terry's family. Next week we have many adventures in store for us. Early in the week we face some challenges and then Thursday we have pre op with Cooper and his cardiac catheter on Friday. We will also be meeting with a GI doctor after the catheter so hopefully will have an idea when his next open heart surgery is and where they are going to go with his eating issues. Oh the anxiety of the next step......

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

We'll be thinking of you guys all week and especially Friday!