CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

WHEN MOMMY IS SICK, MOMMY #2 TAKES OVER......

Today I woke up with stomach cramps. I managed through most of the day but by late afternoon I truly thought I was going to die. There was one other time I had this same stomach ache when we were in the hospital with Coop on his 2nd surgery. The nurses had tried to get me to go to the emergency room then but I remember after feeling like I would rather die all of a sudden it went away. So today I just kept thinking it would go away. By the time I got off work and got the kids I was almost in tears. I told the kids on the way home that I had a terrible stomach ache and that when we got home I would like them to just play for a 1/2 hour or so and let me lie down. We got home and little Miss Raelynn went into Mommy gear. I had no more than pulled into the driveway and she says, "Mommy will you get Coop out of his car seat and then you can go inside and lay down. I will carry in everything and get Coop inside." It was so sweet. Needless to say, I carried my stuff inside and made sure the kids were in, but then I did change and lay down. Raelynn got she and Coop a little snack and drink and they sat in the kitchen talking away eating there snack. As I lay on the couch listening to them, I could not help but smile even though my stomach her so bad. Raelynn continued to take care of everything from letting Poho out to laying down the rules for Cooper as he played outside. I even heard her say to him as I assume he was dumping sand out of the sand box, "Cooper! Now is that a good decision? If you do that we won't have any more sand in our sand box. Is this what you want?"(By the way our backyard is fenced :)) I guess Coop decided it wasn't a good decision and started following the rules because next I heard her tell him, "That's a good boy Cooper, it's important to follow the rules like Sissy." I text Terry around 7pm hoping he was on his way home which he was. I called Raelynn in and told her they needed to come in for dinner. Raelynn helped get Coop washed up and helped make their dinner. When Terry got home about 7:30 pm, she and Coop were in the kitchen eating dinner having a good 'ole time. Throughout the evening she checked on me regularly and helped heal me with her kisses and "I love yous". And sure enough, just like before, all of sudden it was gone. My stomach didn't hurt anymore. I have no idea why this happens but fortunately it did just before bedtime so that I got to read bedtime stories and give the kids their goodnight love. Not that I want to be sick ever, but at least now I know when I am, my backup is ready to go!

0 comments: