CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CATCHING UP..............

Well if my mind wasn't racing right now maybe I could make a post that could catch everyone up on our lives since last Wednesday but I really cannot think that I will have any order to this post so bare with me.

Last weekend was a whirlwind but we had a great time. We had the March of Dimes March for Babies walk. We were the ambassador family this year which made it even more special. My Mom and Karli came up to walk with us and we had a great time. I serve on the committee for the walk every year but I have to say this year seemed to be the best in regards to atmosphere and kids events. Raelynn and Coop had so much fun. The walk itself was even nice. This is actually the first year I have gotten to walk with my family.




After the walk we took Raelynn shopping for some new clothes. I love shopping with her and having Aunt Karli and Grandma there too made it even more fun. Raelynn ended up with some adorable outfits which she desperately needed as it was warming up. Unfortunately the first part of this week was too cool to wear them which was killing her. Coop even got a new pair of summer shoes. We have been so fortunate to get such great hand-me-downs from our friends that poor Coop never gets new clothes so I figured new shoes was the next best thing. Raelynn has been saving many for months now to buy this baby she so desperately wanted. I couldn't figure out why she wanted this certain doll so badly as she has plenty and that is why I wouldn't just buy it for her. So on Saturday she wanted to stop by Walmart and see if she had enough money to buy the doll. We had looked at it a couple weeks previously and so I knew she did have enough. Unfortunately when we got there she was $5 short. Luckily Grandma just so happened to have a "coupon" for $5. So Raelynn bought this little doll and as soon as we got home she went running to her room. Well come to find out, which I never realized, this baby she bought was the identical girl doll to a boy doll she already had. She was so excited because now she could give her brother the boy doll and now he would have a doll all of his own. So yes, I had made my daughter save her money for weeks and weeks so that she could en essence get her little brother a doll of his own. You see we have been looking for a boy doll for Cooper for weeks as well but have not been able to find one. She was so happy and they have played for hours with their babies. We also attempted to remove Raelynn's training wheels from her bike per her request. Unfortunately she wasn't quite ready for that. So the training wheels went back on and then Daddy took her bike for a spin to see that everything was working!

We have an exciting week ahead. Cooper is finally liking swimming lessons which is great so he is going swimming on Friday while Raelynn is having her first sleep over. She is so excited she can hardly stand it. We are going to make pizzas and watch movies and whatever other fun things we can think of. I love having her friends here because I love to see her have so much fun! Saturday night Terry and I are actually going out without the kids. We have two birthday parties to attend. We are actually getting a babysitter. This will be the first babysitter we have ever had that is not family or our best friends although we do know her as she coaches Raelynn's little soccer group :) Anyway it should be a fun filled weekend.

So there is so much I want to say and yet so little I can about some things. I have to say though, I am always amazed by the challenges life gives us but what I am equally amazed about are the tools God gives us to deal with them. God has given Terry and I two of the most wonderful children in the entire world. They have became my "tools" in dealing with every challenge we are faced with. Thank you God for giving me all the "tools" I will ever need!

0 comments: