CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A SLEEP OVER AND SITTER ALL IN ONE WEEKEND.......

We had our first sleep over this weekend and it went great! Raelynn was set on having friends over to spend the night. Her idea was to have every little girl she knew over but I limited it to 2. They had a wonderful time playing dress up and putting on make up, lots of outside time, making pizzas and just being crazy. Other than one little girl scaring the other two to death insisting that ghosts are real and that they are invisible and all around us, things went great. One of the girls said to Raelynn that she could spend the night with her next. Raelynn responded, "No I can't, my Mom isn't ready for that. You can stay with me anytime though!" That girl knows me way to well. She went on to tell her friend about last summer when she went to Grandma's house with Aunt Steph and that Mom cried all weekend. She finished her story by saying, "she'll be ok when I get a little bigger." Well I guess you can tell who the mature one is in our house! Anyway, I guess at least she knows not to ask to spend the night with anyone anytime soon, hahaha! So we went from sleep over on Friday to babysitter on Saturday. Well I guess I should clarify a "night care person". Raelynn did not like me saying babysitter because she is not a baby but we couldn't call them a daycare person because it was night time so she came up with "night care person." Terry and I have never had a real "night care person". We have had friends watch the kids a couple times but in 5 years never a real "night care person", but circumstances lead us to it this time. I had received great reviews of Raelynn's soccer coach as a "night care person" so I had called her and she was excited to do it. The kids had an amazingly great time. During the evening I received a text with this picture. They had made crowns.

I loved her as well. When we got home their dinner dishes were done and the house was spotless just as it was when we left. That is big brownie points! It was a great relief to know that she is available, responsible and so sweet if we need her again! Sunday was our day to recover. We went to church but that was about it. We played outside, made cookies and rested.....just what a Sunday should be.

Then Monday morning back to work/school/daycare we went. Terry had to open the store again so the kids and I were on our own. They did fabulously for a Monday morning though! Coop had us all laughing because he chose a lizard eye patch to wear which reminded him of the lizard that visited our house a few weeks ago. All Raelynn and I heard all the way to Mary Beth's was lizard this and lizard that. His vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and when he says "L's" his tongue comes out of his mouth like a frog catching a fly and you cannot help but laugh! Coop had them laughing at Mary Beth's too. I guess when they got him up from his nap he had took his socks off and put them on his hands and slept that way! He is a comedian even when it is just him he is entertaining! So on to the rest of our week.....can't wait to see what is in store for us!

0 comments: