CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

SUMMER HAS BEGAN.....SORT OF.........

Yesterday was Raelynn's last day of school. She and Terry went on their end of the year field trip to CiCi's pizza. I believe it was a little hectic but they had a good time!


So even though the weather has not indicated it....for Raelynn summer has began. I don't know if just the fact that Coop spent the whole day with Raelynn since she didn't have school or if it was something else, but Coop was very very funny tonight. I laid him on his changing table to change his pants and he grabbed the changing pad from under him and pulled it off the table. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Tis (This) noying (annoying)!" I said, "it's annoying you?" He looked right at me and said, "yep!". So now my four year old is using words like "literally" and "amazingly wonderful" and my 2 year old is using words like "annoying" and "upset". Do you wonder what words they hear the most :)?

Yesterday I took Coop to his pediatrician because since Sunday he has had a terrible cough and snotty nose. Because surgery is quickly approaching they decided to treat him aggressively for walking pneumonia. It is not as serious as it sounds. If he wasn't getting ready for surgery he probably would not be treating him at all. Anyway the only medication for this spikes his level of Digoxin which is one of his heart meds. They determined that at his size he could actually be taking more Digoxin than he is so if the level is spiked it still should fall under the max amount he can take. The pharmacy let me know what to watch for if the level did get too high and we were on our way. After a few scares yesterday and today, fortunately the Digoxin level seems to be ok but the medicine is to be taken with food and well since Coop doesn't eat food, it causes and upset stomach and diarrhea. Anyway, it has not been horrible but poor Mary Beth and Karen have gotten the brunt of both the throwing up and the diarrhea. We have the medicine until Sunday and then hopefully he will be fully recovered.
Tonight we got home from riding lessons a little late. I got the kids to the table for dinner and when I got done I gave Coop a bath while Raelynn finished. I gave Coop his bath and was getting his PJs on when it occurred to me I had not heard from Raelynn asking to be excused from the table yet. I finished Coop and headed to the kitchen. To my surprise, Raelynn had finished her dinner, cleared the table, windexed the table, put all dishes in the dishwasher, wiped off the counters and put everything in the refrigerator. The kitchen was spotless. When I thanked her and told her how good it looked she said, "Yea, I did a better job than Dad does." It was pretty funny!!! So Coop and I had a little time to play why Raelynn took her shower. It was a huge help and made a late evening turn into a wonderful night.

1 comments:

The Dukes said...

Where can i get a Raelynn?!!