CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE ANNUAL ART SHOW....NIGHT OF SURPRISES.....


Tonight was the FPC Preschool Annual Art Show. This is when we as parents get to go to the preschool and see all the artwork they have been working on all year. It is so much fun to see. This year they had a book fair there as well which was a nice but costly surprise. Now it is not only Raelynn that loves books but Coop too. Of course we left with multiple books and a princess poster, yipee! They also have a canvas painting each year that Raelynn's entire class paints. They have a silent auction for these paintings. Last year Terry and I ended up with the class painting and we were hoping to again this year. I love getting these and then putting them up in Raelynn's room. She loves them as well. This year the bidders were a little more aggressive. I do believe there reaches a point that my competitiveness out ways my desire for the painting which is not good on the pocket book. Anyway, I was waiting in line to purchase the kids books and sent Terry over to check if anyone had out bid me which they had. I asked him to go back over and bid $2 higher but then I was done. I also let him know that he had to split the cost with me :). I finished buying the books and headed over to check out the bids. SURPRISE! Terry didn't want to mess around and overbid them by another $10! Well we did end up with the painting which is great but then I always feel bad that the other family didn't. I tried to go find them to make sure they were ok with us getting it but they had already left. So I guess we have another painting, saved the other family a chunk of change :) and made our daughter happy. Besides enjoying the art show we also love seeing the other parents and teachers who have become friends in the past few years. Raelynn also loved being with her friends who are just as silly as she is.
After the Art Show we decided to stop by DQ for some ice cream. We had not done this since last summer. We were sitting there eating when I look up and see our old neighbor from when we lived in our town home 6 years ago. They had moved from Lawrence several years ago and are now in Baton Rouge. It was such a wonderful surprise. When we were neighbors they had one little girl and now have 2 beautiful girls and 1 adorable boy. Aaron and Sarah were awesome neighbors and just good people. It was so great to see her and catch up a little. It is always good to see old friends and reminds me of all the great people we have encountered over the years! So it was another late night but so much fun!

On a side note.....I am pretty sure Coop's fall on Tuesday knocked something loose. The boy is a maniac. He is running around with more energy than I have every seen him with. I am beginning to fear how much energy he may have once his heart is working right. Seriously the boy is CRAZY!

0 comments: