CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

TIME FOR AN UPDATE..........

It seems to keep getting harder and harder to find time to keep everyone updated but I always remember that this is my journal to my kids too.  Therefore, finding time to update becomes extremely important again.  The past week was just another week.  Monday night we actually did not have one thing to do after work.  The evening seemed to last forever and it was awesome.  It made me realize we really need to find more evenings like that.  The rest of the week was go, go, go as always.  Saturday morning was up bright and early for soccer.  Raelynn is actually really enjoying soccer.  Her coach is probably the most patient man I have ever met.  Teaching 5 year old girls the rules and strategy of soccer is not an easy task.  At one point the girls were actually playing leap frog during a short time out.  I was standing by the coach's wife and commented in laughter about the patience of her husband and simply smiled and said that his consumption of wine after practices and games seems to increase as the season goes on.  I laughed and assured her that ours does too!  It is all in good humor and if I can set my competitiveness aside for awhile, it is very entertaining.

After soccer we headed home for lunch and then Coop down for a nap....wishful thinking.  I am discovering that we may be approaching a time when Coop no longer naps.  He is a real trooper and hangs out in his bed for an hour or so but sleep he does not.  We were serenaded with B-I-N-G-O and Itsy Bitsy Spider over and over again.  Cooper loves to sing and sings in the bath, at the table, on the potty, in the car, anywhere he can.  If you are not listening his voice gets louder and louder until he does have your attention.  He is always so proud of himself and he keeps us smiling.  So after an our of singing in bed he was up.  We finished cleaning the house and doing laundry and then headed up to the stadium for the Hawk Zone prior to the KU football game.  We had no intention of going to the game but thought it would be fun to experience the atmosphere anyway not to mention the Hawk Zone had bouncy houses, face painting, KU Bball players signing autographs and much more.  While there a friend of ours from daycare offered us extra tickets they had.  We agreed to stay and were looking forward to it.  We did not come prepared to stay for the game and therefore only had sweatshirts.  Minutes after entering the stadium it began to rain.  Raelynn looks at me and says, "that's it, we're going home, we can watch the game on TV and stay warm and dry!" We tried to stick it out for a little while but quickly realized it wasn't going to last.  So we stopped for a bite to eat and then headed home.  It was so much warmer and dryer I was thankful Raelynn made the call.

 This morning our church had their Fall Kickoff which is always a good time.  The kids played and played and played.  It was great fun!
Steph and Raelynn
Raelynn patiently waits to make sure Coop makes it through!
Kaden and Raelynn joust it out!



After all that excitement Raelynn and I headed out for some girl time shopping.  I thought this would be fun and was looking forward to it.  Somehow I guess I had forgotten how picky my little girl is!  I did survive though and 4 hours later we arrived home with some new shoes and some jeans and shirts.  She was exited about them all so we can only hope she won't find something wrong with them before we get a few wearings in.

Well it is time to go for now and I promise to update more often!  When I wait so long between posts I leave out all the precious talks we have and the special moments we share.  These are things that are most important to remember!

0 comments: