CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

WHAT A WEEK AND THEN ENDED ON A HIGH NOTE..................

It is amazing that so much can happen in one week. Coop went in for a weight check last Monday and fortunately has gained 2 oz. He truly is getting the idea of eating. It is sometimes so unbelievable to see him just eating away. Yesterday at the 5K he was just walking around eating a banana like it was nothing new. It is so nice to no longer have to tote a cooler of fortified milk around everywhere. Oh the little things that make us happy!

I got an email from a friend this weekend that I had to share. She was home with one of her kids who was feeling a little under the weather. Her son said he wanted to bake a cake and have a party. He was naming all the friends he would invite. They know more than one Cooper so her son said I would invite Big Cooper and Little Cooper.... and my friend was explaining it would be more appropriate to use the Cooper's last name. She told her son Little Cooper's full name is Cooper Keefer. Her son laughed at her and said, "it is not Mom, it is Cooper's Cause!" I love this. We try so hard to get the word out and I guess it is really getting around. Even Cooper himself is starting to understand. On Thursday morning I had several things in our living room getting ready for Saturday's Cooper's Cause 5K. When Coop got up and walked into the living room and asks what all this stuff is. I told him it was stuff for the 5K, for Cooper's Cause 5K that is Saturday. Coop looks at me and says with such excitement, "stuff is for my foundation for my heart?!" It was so cute for him to be connecting everything. I can't wait until he can really understand what he has done!

The 5K was Saturday and it was another huge success. It looks like we raised right at $6K which is great. We have really had a successful year of fundraising. We are so very fortunate and have so many to thank for it. One of the "teams" of runners there on Saturday was running for their friends who are currently in Texas with their newborn daughter who just underwent her first of multiple open heart surgeries. I tell you there are so many heart warming stories and events we encounter at every event. It makes the hard work so worth it. I thank God daily for giving us such an opportunity!

0 comments: