CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 6, 2010

LABOR DAY WEEKEND...............

After an extremely difficult week, Friday was finally here. It has been a long time since I have been so ready for a weekend so it was nice that this one was a long one. Terry has decided not to ref football this year which will be a big change. As long as I have known him Friday nights in the fall I have been on my own. I actually get a little use to having the night to my self but it always takes half the season for me to get used to it so I definitely am not disappointed in his decision. Anyway, this Friday would have been his first game but instead the four of us met up with our friend, Steph, at the KU Volleyball Game. We have never taken the kids before and it was so much fun. Raelynn watched and asked questions about the game all night. Coop watched as well but was much more interested in walking between Terry, Steph and I. The kids also got to see Baby J which is always a treat and when we were leaving one of the cheerleaders handed Raelynn a Jayhawk T-Shirt so the night was a huge success in her eyes!


We got home a little bit late and were getting the kids ready for bed. At one point I am not sure exactly where we were but obviously not watching Cooper. After I had Raelynn tucked in I went to the kitchen to get Coop's medicines I rounded the corner to find Cooper sitting on the counter eating cake right out of the pan! For a boy who wouldn't eat, he sure does find a way to get his favorites!
We finally got him to bed and then to bed ourselves. It was a perfect evening! Then Saturday was all about getting things done; cleaning, laundry, paperwork, bills, Cooper's Cause the list goes on and on. We got a lot done and Raelynn went with one of her best friend's from preschool to the Topeka Zoo and Cooper and I spent the afternoon running errands. I wouldn't say Saturday was a fantastic day but it was a productive day and a day spent with my family so in my book it was pretty good.
This morning the kids slept in and when Raelynn did wake up she said, "Mommy, can we please just stay in our pajamas and play today. I don't want to go anywhere." I knew they needed a down day and I was ready for it too. So Raelynn and Coop played and played. Their imaginations and outfits were quite entertaining!The best part was just having time for a little snuggle and a few I love you's here and there. I truly love being home with them! Then it was off to a potluck with family. The kids always have fun seeing their cousins and the rest of the family.


The kids got to better pretty late tonight so I can pretend that they will sleep in in the morning but reality is they won't. The truth is I look forward to them waking up every morning. These long weekends spoil us and we love our extra day together. I guess it is time for me to get to bed now too. I will make my usual stop at each of their rooms to assure myself that they are safely in their beds and give one last soft kiss on the forehead for each of them. This is always the perfect end to whatever day I have had. It is amazing to me that regardless the challenges we are handed, regardless how tired we are, regardless how unfair the world seems, the end of every day is nothing but perfect and beginning of every day in nothing short of another wonderful adventure. Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful family!

0 comments: