CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SUPER HERO............

How many of us can say that at age 2 1/2 we have accomplished our dream? This weekend Coop said to me, "when I grow up I want to be a super hero!" How do I explain to him he already is. A super hero defies death over and over again, Coop's done that! A super hero helps people, Coop's doing that! A super hero has a super power and if you have ever seen his smile in person you know his smile is his super power! I told him this weekend he already was a super hero, but I cannot wait until he is old enough to understand.

Tonight our little super devoured pot roast and cake. As long as I dipped everything in ketchup including the cake, he ate it. He sat at the table and ate for over an hour. He ate everything on his plate and two very large pieces of cake. It is crazy to see him eating now. We love it!

Raelynn is in soccer now and this Saturday is her first game. She complains about every practice she has to go to and hates that she sweats in practice. Are we sure she is my daughter????? Anyway, even though she complains she does very well. I explained to her that it was her choice to participate in soccer and until the season was over she was to give 110% whether she likes it or not because it was things like this that defines who we are. Yes, I figured this was a little advanced for her and I planned to explain this further when she said to me...."I know and we are good people and good people always do their best and think of others. The others are my team right?" I couldn't help but laugh.....I guess she is listening even when she is having a little tantrum and I think I am talking to a wall!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Yea for the super hero and all his eating! That is hilarious that he will eat cake dipped in ketchup! How gross is that?!? ;) Whatever gets him eating right? :) That is so cute that your daughter is already grasping the concept of team. Score 1 for mommy :)