CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Stupid Fever.......Great Weekend!

Besides Raelynn being sick.....we had a great weekend!  Thursday night when I picked up the kids from daycare Raelynn looked horrible and felt just as bad.  She ran a fever all night.  I stayed home on Friday with her and one minute she would be just fine and playing and the next minute laying on the couch with 104 to 105 fever.  This continued all weekend!  On Saturday, Steph and Cody came to watch the kids while Terry and I attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade Auction.  It was a wonderfully fun night with friends and we ended up with a wine tasting for a party of 20!  We are looking forward to scheduling that come spring!  Coop joined us for the first few minutes of the auction long enough to auction off his paintings he had made and the committee had framed.  They brought $300 so he is now officially a paid artist :)  Sunday morning we headed to church and Raelynn seemed to be doing much better, but about half way through she was laying on the floor and burning up again.  We spent Sunday, which was a beautiful 70 degrees here, in the house watching movies.  By Sunday night I had decided we were definitely calling Dr. Kelley first thing this morning because the fever was getting worse and this had been going on way too long.  About 10:30pm I had went in to check on her.  As I bent down to kiss her forehead all I felt was a sopping head of wet hair.  I reached down to touch her back and her shirt was soaked as well.  I woke her up enough to change her clothes and dry bedding.  She finally felt cool and we were sure the fever had broke.  This morning she woke up feeling cooler than she had in 4 days.  We were extremely relieved however she still had a cough and we were discussing if we would still take her in to see Dr. Kelley when my phone rang......it was Dr. Kelley.  Due to a Facebook post I had made last night he was calling to get us in.  Do you know a more amazing doctor??!!!  Seriously we have to be the luckiest family in the world to have found him.  I am sure all his patients feel this way, but it is things like this that make us feel so secure in both our kids health.  Both Dr. Kelley and his wife, Beth, are two of the most sincere and caring people I have ever met.  Tonight when I asked Raelynn what her favorite part of her day was she said when she got to go see Dr. Kelley with me!  Anyway, he checked Raelynn over and he agreed that her fever had probably broke last night and she was on her way to feeling better.  She did great all day and felt good this evening just tired.  Unfortunately it is now my turn to feel horrible!!!  I am pretty sure that there is an unwritten rule that Mommy's can't get sick!  We do not have time for that!  My kids are wonderful when I am sick and really try to help out but it is just not an option with a family to run.  Besides work, there is swimming, 3 doz cookies for the book fair tomorrow, soup and dessert for teacher conferences, t-shirt orders for the foundation and as of right now 34 emails to respond to.  See.....no time to be sick!  The really important thing is that so far Coop is doing great!  The one who is to have a weakened immune system and he is the one who is fine!

0 comments: