CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 25, 2011

A VERY LONG WEEK..................

This has been the longest week ever!  I was sick ALL week.  Tuesday I left work about 3pm to go to the doctor.  They did a flu and strep test and both negative but seriously my chest had never hurt so bad.  By Wednesday I was feeling a little better so I worked all day and into the night to make up for oast time the day before. Thursday morning I woke up and thought I was going to die! I felt horrible.  I was so weak and my chest hurt and I was soooo tired.  I went to work and worked until Raelynn's teacher conferences at 1:30pm after that I went home and slept.  Luckily, today I am finally feeling better and I so hope after the weekend I will be good as new!!!  On Tuesday when I had dropped Raelynn off at Mary Beth's she told me I looked really tired.  I explained I was and didn't feel very well.  She told me I should go home and rest while she and Cooper were at Mary Beth's.  I told her I couldn't because I had to go back to work because I had a lot of work to do.  She responds, "Work isn't going anywhere, it'll be there tomorrow!"  I chuckled, if it were just that simple, but I also wondered where she hears these things!!!

So as I said, Thursday was teacher conferences and once again it was nothing but praise! I am so proud of how well she is doing.  She is reading at a 1st Grade Level B  and exceeding in all areas.  Her teacher is the sweetest lady and truly loves these kids.  It is astonishing to me to see the progress Raelynn has made since the beginning of the year.  Her writing, reading and math is all growing by leaps and bounds and now she is learning to tell time as well.  It was a wonderful conference.

I also filled out enrollment papers for Cooper for preschool this week and now that was tough.  I cannot believe it is time for my sweet little boy to go to school.  I think I will for sure cry on his first day of preschool, kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade................................. :)  It is hard to watch them grow up and become so independent.  There is no doubt I have not pushed Coop as much as I did Raelynn to become independent but Coop is now taking it on himself.  He now does so much for himself and as much as I love that is also a little sad.  On Thursday morning as we were getting ready to leave for the day, I tell Cooper good bye and I loved him and he responds, "Bye!  Thanks for coming by!"  I knew things had been a little hectic but really?!

Tonight Terry is at the Leprechaun Leap, a charity event for the Lawrence St. Patrick's Day Parade.  I think they are having a great time and I am sure I will be asleep before he gets home!  Tomorrow will be a fantastic day as we get to present $12,000 to a local Lawrence Family from Cooper's Cause Foundation.  Then we are off to a charity bowling tournament for the Lawrence St. Patrick's Day and then off to meet another family who just found out they were having a baby with heart defects.  What a busy and emotional day it will be but at the end we were snuggle in our warm home and thank God for giving us the opportunity to do all we do and for the two must wonderful children we could have ever dreamed of having!



0 comments: