CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 28, 2011

FINALLY EVERYONE FEELING WELL.............

Saturday was amazing!  We got the honor of presenting the Miller Family with a $12,000 check from Cooper's Cause Foundation!  It was an awesome feeling and they are such a kind family!



Cooper and Corah Miller
 I had forgot to mention last week that Popo came to Lawrence to take Raelynn to Grandparent's Night at the Book Fair.  Raelynn beamed when Popo and Lucy showed up and she even talked them into a Taylor Swift book.  She had a wonderful time.....thank you Lucy and Popo for taking time to take her!

Sunday as luck would have it, I had another migraine.  I was so upset because I really did not have time to be out for another day after all the sickness of last week, but there is little I can do about them.  So I took my medicine and curled up under a blanket.  The next thing I woke up to was Raelynn telling Cooper, "Be patient buddy I have to get this cleaned up and I can only do one thing at a time."  I had gotten the playdoh out before I had gotten my migraine and the kids had spent the whole morning playing with it.  It is very messy stuff and there Raelynn was cleaning up the kitchen.  She Windex the table and mopped the floor and everything looked great!  It was so sweet of her to make sure it was all cleaned up.  The kids were great all day and by noon I was at least back with the living.  We didn't do much but had some good snuggling time on the couch.  So to wake up this morning and actually feel good enough to head back to the gym felt GREAT!  After a full week of not working out it is time to hit it hard since I have a 5K this Saturday.  It is quite possible it will kill me after doing nothing last week!

Today on the radio they were talking about the State Bird which made me remember a few weeks ago Raelynn was studying Kansas.  At dinner one night I was quizzing her on all the things that represent the State of Kansas.  When I asked her what the State Bird was she responded the Meadowlark but Cooper strongly disagreed and insisted it was the Jayhawk!  It was pretty cute.  Speaking of cute....tonight as I was working I hear little feet down the hall to the bathroom and then back to the bedroom.  It was a good hour or so after the kids went to bed so I went to see if everyone was ok.  As I walked into Coop's bedroom he was crawling back into bed.  He said, "I need tissue so I went to bathroom and got one.  You not need to put me back to bed I was going myself."  I told him I was proud of him and he did really well.  He responded, "I turned on my heater too cause I was cold, I not really need you anymore Mommy."  I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time.  He is getting to be quite the big boy but I think for now I will pretend he does still need me for something!!!!

0 comments: