CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OH THESE KIDS.........

What a great week we are having!  It actually seems a little less busy which is magnificent!  Monday night Coop had swimming lessons and Raelynn had swim team practice.  Raelynn was invited to participate in her first swim meet this Saturday!  I was shocked as she just seems so young but after watching her practice where they did a mock meet she is definitely ready.  I am not sure what to expect but it should be pretty fun.  She will swim the free, butterfly and back.  She seems super excited and keeps telling me that we have to eat healthy because she has to get her body ready for her meet.  She is just growing up so much.  Tonight she told me all about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.  She told me things about them I never knew.  She absorbs every little detail they give her.  When she was done telling me she says, "so that's what I did today at school, what did you do at work?"  I always love it when she asks me questions because I think it is great for her to feel like she can have a grown up conversation and it also teaches her how to better communicate.  So I proceed to tell her work is starting to get busier which I like much better and then told her about a couple things that happened today.  We carried on a great conversation and she asks such appropriate questions that I sometimes forget she is 5.  After awhile Coop says, "I played a lot of ball today with my friends."  I told him I bet he was getting to be a really good baller and he says, "I am good, I better than my friends."  Raelynn immediately gave him a lecture about bragging and then turns to me and says, "but he is really good Mom!"  Oh how I wish we could just bottle life up right now and keep it like this forever!

On Tuesday we stopped by Walgreens to pic up some pictures, Raelynn was pointing at everything and saying I want this and I want that, I looked at her and told her I had everything I wanted.  She asked, "What do you have?"  I replied, "I have you and Cooper and Daddy."  Raelynn gives me "that look" and says, "Huh awkward!"  I thought I was going to collapse in laughter!  The lady standing beside us found it extremely comical as well and could only manage to say in between laughter, "You are going to have so much fun with that one!"  Oh if she only knew!  Coop also has kept me laughing this week.  He told me one morning how he had punched and hit and killed these Monsters that were in his dream.  I told him that he should try to be really nice to the monsters to see if that would make them nice instead of punching and killing them.  He looked at me as if I knew nothing and said, "They are monsters Mommy, they not nice!"  I replied, "Ok, but we don't kill people and I don't want you to talk like that."  He looks right at me in complete disgust that I am criticising his dream/story and says, "THEY ARE NOT PEOPLE THEY ARE MONSTERS!"  He is generally such a sweet little boy but everyone once in awhile he really let's me have it.  I told him I understood and maybe tomorrow night he would have a nicer dream.  He looked right over the top of his glasses, glared at me and walked out of his room.  We haven't discussed the monsters since.

So half way through a great week and quickly approaching another busy and fun filled weekend.  I welcome it as with the busy chaos comes new and fun adventures which always include more precious time spent with the best kids ever!

0 comments: