CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CONVERSATION OF THE DAY...............

I truly believe that our initial reaction to our kids questions and comments are just as important if not more important than our answer or well thought out response.  Let me assure you that this theory has been tested multiple times with Raelynn and yet today was another case in point.

Raelynn, very matter of factly: "Mom, why can't we talk about our gaginas and penises like we talk about our arms and legs?

Me, equally as matter of factly: "Well first is is Vagina not Gagina and I suppose it is because they are considered our "private parts" and we don't show them to everyone like we show them our arms and legs. Therefore, we don't discuss them with everyone either."

Raelynn, in thought: "So we can talk about them to you because you give us a bath?"

Me: "Sure if you want to talk about Vaginas and Penises you can talk to me about them. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

Raelynn: "Well no, not much to talk about I was just wondering."

Me: "Ok, well just let me know if you do.  How was your day?"

Who would have ever thought I could have such a casual conversation about vaginas and penises with my 5 year old!  I love being a Mom!

3 comments:

Amber Temple said...

Hilarious!

The Dukes said...

I could write an entire book whose contents was exclusively questions my kids have asked about penises. I am not joking! The word doesn't even register with me anymore, it's like Raelynn said, they might as well be saying leg or arm to me at this point, I don't even look up from peanut buttering their bread when I'm answering anymore!

Stefenie said...

Way too funny!