CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE END TO MARCH MADNESS..........

What a weekend of Basketball.  I cannot tell you how disappointed we were to end the fun of March Madness but I guess it has to end sometime.  I dread when basketball season is over because it is really the only sport I don't mind being on TV all the time.  Now starts golf, talk about putting a person to sleep.  Just their broadcasters and their quiet warm voices are like a bedtime story!!!  Anyway, this weekend was filled with more laughs from the kids even though the NCAA Tourney left us sad.  During Sundays game, in the first half when Terry was yelling at the TV and Coop was just staring at him, Coop turns to me and says, "I think they just need a little Pixie Dust Mom.".  I wish it were only that simple!  Coop is big on imitating things right now and acts out scenes from TV shows all the time.  It is usually hilarious.  Since I work at Farmers Insurance and they had multiple ads on during the Tourney Coop began singing the little Farmers Jingle. 

If you have never seen our ads this won't be near as funny but if you have, it's pretty cute.

Friday night as we rushed home to get dinner and watch the first game of the weekend, Raelynn decides I am working too hard.  She gets the couch set up with a pillow, blanket, bottle of water and then calls me into the living room.  She tells me to lay day and rest why she proceeds to give me a foot massage and Coop massages my head.  It was awesome, she had foot lotion and the whole thing.  It did not last near long enough but was awesome all the same. 

Saturday was house cleaning day and I confined the kids to Coop's room and told them it was the only place they could make a mess.  Some how they convinced me to let them have a carpet picnic in his room for lunch and make their own lunch.  Amazingly they did incredible.  They made sandwiches and had yogurt and fruit and they made the whole thing.  Of course they voted that I clean up after they were done but it was still nice of them to feed themselves.

Oh and you might wonder what's with their outfits?  Well apparently Coop was the prince and Raelynn the princess and these outfits seemed appropriate for that.  They did that on their own as well :) I guess they are cowgirl princess and cowboy prince!

Raelynn headed back to school this week and luckily we fell back into the schedule quite well after having a week off.  This week has been pleasantly "normal".  Soccer is starting for Raelynn on Tuesdays now but my Tuesday night meetings are over so that should be an easy transition.  Now we are just holding out for our Spring/Summer weather.  Come on Mother Nature!!!!

0 comments: