CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I NOW KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE PAID TO PAINT.........

There was a time in my life that I could not understand why you would pay someone to do something you were perfectly able to do yourself, such as painting.  Now after 2 kids, a dog, 2 sisters and a no time........I totally get it!  We had an event filled weekend but my one project I wanted to get done was painting the kids bathroom.  It was some time ago Raelynn decided she wanted to do their bathroom in sunflowers.  I was fine with this because their bathroom could use a new look.  So we picked out a yellow paint and some decorations and were good to go.  However, we have been so swamped it has just been put aside for many weekends now.  Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and I got everything taken down from the bathroom and it all taped off.  Then we were off to the St. Patrick's Day Parade Poker Run.  The kids and I did not participate in this one but Terry and his brother did and Raelynn, Cooper and I went out to see them off.  I wasn't sure if all the motorcycles would scare the kids but I thought seeing that many bikes at once would be fun.  There were over 100 bikes and let me tell you when they all headed out it was crazy loud!!!  After they were off and the kids and I were leaving both Coop and Raelynn would not stop talking about how they wanted a bike when they got bigger.  Raelynn's was either going to be a Batgirl Bike or pink and Coop's was orange of course!

After all that excitement we ran numerous errands and then back home in time to get ready for dinner at a friend's house.  Terry got back home shortly before 5pm and we headed over to our friend's for dinner and the game.  It was a great evening.  We have known this couple forever but don't really do much with them.  They have 2 wonderful girls who are 4 and 2.  Needless to say, Coop and Raelynn and a wonderful time as well.  The Hawks won and so everyone was happy!  It was really a relaxing and much needed evening.

Sunday morning came way to soon and back to work we went.  I started painting the bathroom after getting a few other things done.  I soon realized that it was going to take a ton of the bright yellow paint cover the melon/peach color we had before.  The next thing I realized is the Poho, our very white Jack Russel, had came into the bathroom and sat right on the paint lid and now had a very bright yellow back end!  I sent the kids running to get Terry who was trying so hard to complete a project downstairs.  So into the bathtub he went with Poho.  Next was the kids wanting to paint, and show me their dress up clothes, and asking for a snack then lunch and on and on and on.  Then there was a call from Steph.......and then a call from Karli.......and then I had to apply 3 coats to get it all covered.  I was so done and the worse part........the yellow is so bright I think I don't think like it.  However, Raelynn loves it and that part makes me happy but the decorations are really going to have to tone it down or I think we may be painting again and let me tell you......I don't want to paint again!!!!! We'll see how it all comes together in the next couple days. 

Tonight we had the St. Patrick's Day Parade Coronation where we vote on the Queen Candidates.  It was a fun evening and the kids were great.  They loved getting all dressed up and were such a Prince and Princess!



Our St. Patrick's Day Parade events are wrapping up.  Thursday is the big parade and that is always so much fun.  Karli is coming to visit this week too so much to look forward too!

0 comments: