CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

RAELYNN IS HOME AND EVERYTHING IS AGAIN PERFECT............

Wednesday night Raelynn got home.....finally!  There is nothing better than the HUGE hug she gives me when she returns home after being gone for awhile.  She is always smiling so big too, it is awesome.  She got home while Coop was in the bath and after we had given our hugs she quickly went in to see Coop.  It was incredible to watch them.  She sat and talked to him for 10 minutes telling him what she had done and he asked her questions about the stories she was sharing.  I just stood in the hallway in awe.  To hear them carry on such a conversation was outstanding.  As I went to bed last night and walked by her room it felt so good to know that both the kids rooms were filled and no one's bed was empty!

Today Raelynn got to visit her good friend, Paige.  They played all day.  I took a late lunch and picked her up at 3pm.  We shared some ice cream and then she hung out at my office for the rest of the day.  I think she has had a fun spring break but I also think she looks forward to a relaxing day at Mary Beth's tomorrow.  Tonight we made KU cupcakes for the game tomorrow which was fun.  The kids help make them and then frosted them themselves with a KU theme so you can imagine mess and the fun!

Tonight I went in to tell Coop goodnight after Terry had put him to bed.  As I lay my head down beside him he says "Mommy I want you to rock me."  "How do I rock you we don't have a rocking chair in here?"  I asked.  Coop positioned her arms just as you would if I were holding him with one arm under his bottom and then other holding him close across his back, "Like this Mommy and I put my head on your shoulder where it fits" he whispered.  To see his small arms and hands showing me how to hold him and then he saying he lays his head on my should where it fits really touched me because I love to "rock" him like this and he is right.....his head fits just right on my shoulder.  I swooped him up and held him just as he asked and swayed back and forth.  As I held him tight against me and felt his deformed chest and his unusual heart beat tears came to my eyes.  Every once in awhile when I am least expecting it, I am reminded of how lucky we are to have him and how special he really is and what amazingly good things he has brought to our lives.  I wanted to hold him forever but knew I couldn't.  I lay him down and he says, "Mommy I really like you."  "I love you, Cooper." "I know but I really LIKE you!" I think we tell each other we "love" each other so much that he thought telling me he "liked" me was a little more special.  Like or Love, either way there is no doubt I feel like the luckiest Mom alive!

0 comments: