CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Today is Mother's Day and I am not really even sure where to begin with that.  Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning as the years have past.  As most of you know, being a Mother is the best thing I do every day!  It is the one thing that I never wish I didn't have to do.  I love everything about being a Mother and more so every day.  It is the most challenging and changing "job" I have ever had. There are no words that can describe how it feels to be a Mother; if you are not one you simply cannot understand it.  However, if you are a Mother, I truly hope you do understand and feel "it" because "it "does not get any better.  I often thank God not for making me a Mother but rather for giving me the ability to enjoy it and embrace it. My love for Motherhood is undescribably wonderful!  Equally magnificent is having a Mother.  I have a wonderful Mother who taught me so much about being a Mother myself.  Some of her teaching was through what she did do and some was through what she did not do, each of which were equally important.  She taught me to love and laugh and to be strong.  She taught me to be supportive and encouraging.  I learned to be open and honest.  Recently my Mom went through more than a trying and stressful time at work and to listen to her describe what was going on and how she handled it left me in awe.  She held her head high, she smiled and she continued being the best person she could be and accepted that the outcome would be what it was meant to be whether at the time it was what she wanted it to be.  What a true testomony to putting your life in God's hands.  This morning in church we discussed how God is the Light and if you focus on the light/the good then you will "be in the light" with God and darkness will not be a concern.  Focus on the light, the postive not the darkness and you shall always walk on the side of good.  I love this and it just makes "doing the right things" seem so much easier!  There is no need to worry about what you shouldn't do as long as you focus on what you should.  Ths is exactlty what my Mom did and taught me, or reminded me, through her actions how to live.  Being a Mother never ends as my Mother has shown, she is still teaching me.  I love you Mom, and thank you for teaching me lifes most valuable lessons and continue to remind me through your actions!  You are extraordinary!

A Week in Review

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week which is a great celebration.  Our school does a wonderful job of celebrating teachers and we had the opportunity to take Raelynn's teachers flowers and bake goodies for them throughout the week.  It was a lot of fun.  In addition I visited the school library with Raelynn.  They have this wonderful program where for a small donation you can purchase a book for the library from a selection they have in honor of your child's birthday.  The book is put on display and a sticker goes on the inside of the book stating who dedicated it and in honor of what.  So Raelynn got to pick out a book and we bought it in honor of her 6th Birthday in July.  She thought it was awesome!  Raelynn also had Transition Day which is a day they get to go to the next grade and spend some time.  Raelynn thought it was pretty fun and already knows which teacher she hopes to get.  Tuesday she had her final Daisy meeting for the year which was a family picnic.  It was a lot of fun.  Daisy's has turned out to be a wonderful thing and we will definitely participate again next year. 

Friday night Raelynn says at dinner, "Mom do you think next summer the Daisy's could plant some vegetables in a garden and donate them to the Food Pantry?"  I commended her on a wonderful idea and told her we would try to get that worked out.  Luckily Lawrence has some public gardens so we should be able to make it work without digging up any of our lawn :).  I was just proud that she is understanding the desire to help others.  Friday Raelynn had her schoold field trip to the Topeka Zoo.  Terry got to take the trip with her and they had so much fun! 


Coop had kind of a long week.  First there is his new terror of something crawling on him.  We have no idea what is going on but occasionally he will completely freak out that something is crawling on him.  The first time it happened we stripped him down naked looking for something but found nothing.  It has happened several times since and he is uncontrollable terrified.  We have considered the idea that he is having tingling in his arms and legs but are hopefully that this is not the case as that would be an indicator that he has some circulation issues which would relate back to his heart.  Anyway, for now we are just watching him closely.  We have also cut back his nap time as he was not sleeping at night well at all.  It has helped so much but now we just have a winy tired boy after work.  We will find a happy medium soon.  Today however was a big day for Coop.  He now has a big boy bed!  Terry worked so hard this weekend to get his room painted and furniture put together.  It looks good but we are desparately in need of some decorations. 



My Mother's Day was filled with working working working as we cleaned and got Coop's room put together.  It was busy being a Mom so it was perfect!  The kids made me some cute gifts as well!


0 comments: