CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A WEEK OF LASTS...........

Saturday was Raelynn's last soccer game for the season.  She did so much better this season than last and loved it.  It doesn't hurt that she has this great coach and her best little friend plays too.  They ended up winning their last game which made it even sweeter (although we don't keep score of course :) )  Tuesday night their coach took them out for Orange Leaf and because of meetings neither Terry or I could go.  Raelynn let us know we were the only parents not there.  I felt horrible but I think it is the first thing neither Terry or I didn't make so I think we are doing ok. 
Coach Beard and the Deerfield Dash!
(The kids nicknamed Greg, Coach Beard, last season and it's stuck!)



With soccer over we now move on to T-Ball.  This is our first experience with T-Ball and at the first practice they "reminded" us that the kids would need a bat, ball, mitt, helmet, bat bag, team shirt and maybe even consider ball pants!  What? Really?  Do they remember she is 5 and it is T-Ball?!  But of course we visited Target afterwards and she is set up minus the ball pants because neither Raelynn nor I thought they were very cute or stylish, hahaha!

Tuesday was Raelynn's last day of Kindergarten!  This was so hard to accept because just yesterday was her first day of Kindergarten.  As I look back over the year, it has been amazing.  Raelynn has grown and matured so much and I love our relationship.  I hope I can look back over each year and feel this way.  She is an amazing daughter and I am soooo fortunate to have her.  She makes me a better person and gives me so much to look forward to each and everyday as does Coop too. 

Raelynn and her teacher, Mrs. Moring and her best friend, Hayden


Raelynn's 1st Day of School August 2010



Raelynn's Last Day of School May 2011


Saturday night we went to our friend, Jana's, graduation party.  She just graduated nursing school and we are all so proud of her!!!  The party was so much fun and as you can see, Coop loved it.  Not only did he find himself some girlfriends, he also ate 5 hot dogs!  Tom was the cook so I told him he was going to have to come and grill for us every night.  At the rate of 5 hot dogs a night, Coop should fatten up quickly!!!


Yesterday we took Coop in for his check up with Dr. Kaine, his cardiologist.  While we were there they had a Code Grey (Tornado Threat)  We spent well over an hour on the lowest floor in a stair well.  It kept things interesting :)  However, Coop is doing amazing.  He weighs over 27Lbs now and is 3" 1" tall.  We do not even have to go back for a check up for an entire year!  I don't think Terry and I nor his doctors thought we would ever get to this point.  Just to think, a little less than a year ago Coop was taking 6 medications, not very active and did not eat solid food let alone the way he was 2 years ago with feeding tubes and over 13 medications!   We have an amazingly strong boy and I am so thankful for him each and every day.  He adds so much laughter to our home and I can't help but hug him and tell him how much I love him often!  God gave us the best children ever!!!

0 comments: