CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A WHOLE WEEK OF FIRSTS..............

This week has been quite the adventure.  Early this week I got a text from our neighbor that in her decorative wreath on her door a bird had made a nest and there were 4 eggs inside.  Throughout the week we checked on them and there are now 4 little birds in the nest.  It was fun watching them hatch.  It went right along with the eggs Raelynn has in her classroom that are also hatching.  It is such a wonderful thing for the kids to watch!  Both Raelynn and Cooper loved to watch them and Raelynn learned so much about the process at school! 

Both Raelynn and Coop had dentist appointments on Monday.  This was Coop's first appointment but Sissy made sure he knew how much fun it was.  By the time we got there I think Cooper was expecting a kids play land from the way Raelynn made it sound.  They both had glowing reports which was a relief in regards to Cooper.  With all the medicine, throwing up and milk that have crossed over his gums we were not sure what it would be like.  Luckily it does not appear it all has caused any damage. 



The funniest part of the whole visit was when the assistant said to Cooper "Ok, we are going to go take some pictures of your teeth." As they walk to the x-ray room Coop says, "Oh you take x-rays of my teeth, do you have tat ting that you put over me so the x-rays don't get in my body?"  I thought the assistant was going to crack up.  Obviously my son has had a few x-rays. :)

Thursday we started horse riding lessons back up for the summer.  Raelynn and Cooper were both so excited to ride.  Raelynn is getting much more responsibility in regards to the horse which she loves.  She will be doing lead line, showmanship and another class where she will walk and trot the horse (I can't remember what it is called :) )  Cooper will still just do lead line but he seems perfectly happy with that!




Coop got to help feed the horses too!
 On Friday morning the kids were getting dressed.  Raelynn was doing her hair and "putting on make up" (this consists of some brushes being swept across the face and a very pale pink eye shadow but makes her feel a little special once in awhile).  It was one of those days Raelynn was acting 14 and we were chatting away as if she were.  Then Coop walks into the bathroom; underwear on his head and t shirt around his waist as if they were pants.  With a little grin he announces he is dressed and ready to go.  Our little "class clown"!  I looked at the two of them and was reminded how very different they are but how much I loved them both.  We laughed and sent Coop back to try again. Then Raelynn says, "Mom, I think I am going to walk into school by myself today."  Although it killed me I let her know I thought that was a great idea.  It makes me so proud to watch her grow and mature but it also tears at my heart to know she is becoming less and less dependant on me.  We got to school and she walked in alone.  I gave her a hug and a kiss and she was off with a proud smile on her face.  I wonder everyday what tomorrow will bring but secretly wish I could just hold every day still in time and never forget a single minute of it!

This weekend Mom, Karli and Chandler were up for the March for Babies.  We had a lot of fun and managed to get flowers planted and rock beds refreshed thanks to all their help.  Coop helped Granny plant the flowers and loved being outside!

0 comments: