CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

HAPPY EASTER!

What a wonderful family weekend!  We did not have a moments rest and I cannot believe it is back to work already but boy did we squeeze as much as possible into this Easter weekend.  Our weekend started off with a jewelry party Friday evening.  Raelynn and I hosted a Premier Jewelry Party to help out our sweet neighbor who was just getting started.  The party was a lot of fun of course and it was nice to just hang out and talk to friends.  Since it was a "girl thing"  Terry, Coop and Popo all went out for dinner.  From what I hear, Coop drew a lot of attention from the ladies :) It was a fun but hectic evening for all of us.  The party finally wrapped up around 8 or 8:30pm and we scooted the kids to bed.  As I was tucking Raelynn into bed she says to me, "Mom when I wake up in the morning will our house be all cleaned up?"  "Of course" I told her. "Do you not like it messy?" I asked.  "No I just like it the way it usually is".  Awe I love that girl.  So I hustled around and got the house back to the spotless way we like it.  I finished up and was absolutely exhausted.  I sat down on the couch only to spring back up remembering that we would want to decorate Easter Eggs on Saturday and I needed to get the eggs on to boil.  I got them started and then went back in to sit down.  I was soooo tired.  I decided to go to bed instead of staying up to work.....not giving another thought to the eggs that were boiling on the stove.  Around 12:30am I was awaken by Terry reminding me of the eggs I had left on the stove which he had been awaken by as all 12 of them exploded all over our kitchen!  The house was filled with smoke and smelled horrible.  We spent the next hour cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom.  Terry and I always ponder how long one should boil eggs before they are hard but Terry decided Saturday night that 2 1/2 hours was a little too long. It could have been much worse but it is Sunday and I can still smell burnt eggs!!!!



Raelynn and Tenley Eck at the Jewelry Party

So after a long night the alarm came way too early at 5:15am.  I literally drug myself out of bed and headed to the gym.  By the time I made it back home I was feeling a little bit better and it was time to wake the troops and head to soccer.  Raelynn played well again but they got killed!  From Soccer we ran some errands, headed home to decorate eggs, ate lunch, bathed, attended a birthday party and then rushed to Aunt Bonnie's to celebrate Easter.  We had the busiest day ever but it was so fun!  The kids were great all day and we had so many laughs.




Today the fun continued, of course the Easter Bunny visited over night so we had eggs hid all over the house and then a basket full of goodies.  We went to church and then dinner and then a movie, African Cats, that Raelynn had been asking to see for weeks.  I was a little nervous as to whether either of the kids would like it but they really did and watched it well.  By the time we got home we were all ready to be home.  The kids played and played and Terry and I got a few weekend chores done.



Raelynn understands the meaning of Easter and today we asked Cooper if he did.  His response was it was a day about getting Easter Eggs, so Raelynn explained the real meaning to him.  It is great to listen to her explain it as she doesn't leave out a detail.  I am not sure that Coop fully grasped the concept as his response was simply, "Oh."  He also humored us today as his new thing is to rub his chin and say "Let me think" every time we ask him a question.  It is truly funny and even though it can be ever so annoying when you are just needing a quick answer but I still can't help but crack up!  We are finding out that Coop is really good at making people laugh and it has led he and Raelynn to "time out" a few times already.  Terry is much better at disciplining the constant laughing at that dinner table.  Somehow it is just hard to correct them when you yourself are cracking up!  As Raelynn says, "He is going to get himself in so much trouble for being so silly!"  However he may just escape trouble with that smile of his!

0 comments: