CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE...............

Summer is so quickly approaching and it is shaping up to be a fun one!!!!  Last weekend we went out West again for my niece, Cassidy's, 8th Grade Promotion and Kali's High School Graduation.  I am so proud of both of them and they looked beautiful.  Friday was Cassidy's and then they had a nice gathering at the house afterwards. 




Saturday was Karli's and then a reception at the house.  It was a lot of fun and although I am so proud of Karli and the person she has become, it only reminded me how quickly time goes by.  When I graduated from HS Karli was only about 6 months old.  It was so hard going off to college and leaving both Karli and Steph.  I missed them so much.  Now all I can think about is in 12 short years it will be Raelynn going off to college.  I have no idea how I will ever adjust.  When I look at my Mom with a proud smile on her face I know inside she is doing everything she can to fight back the tears.  I know you have to let your kids go and deep down we know this is their next step and it is wonderful who they have become but really, how do you ever let them go.  I think about my Mom who has had kids in the house for over 38 years and how do you ever adjust to the quiet after that!  I know she will be fine and I am glad Sherri and the girls live back there now too, but just knowing how I feel thinking about it 12 years from now, I really feel for her.  As for Karli, she is both scared and excited which is the perfect combination.  I have no worries about her as she is the most level headed and responsible one out of us all.  I am super excited to have her closer as she is attending Washburn University.  It will be nice having her just a few minutes away right in between Steph and I.  I know we will see more of her now and probably more of Mom too :)

Shanea and Karli



This week seems to be the start of summer plans.  Raelynn had her first T-Ball practice last night which was interestingly fun.  Before practice she told me she thought she might not like T-Ball because she is "kind of a soccer type of girl".  Then after some thought she rationalized that in T-Ball there is not much running, much less than in soccer, and therefore she might be a TBall kind of girl after all!  She had a blast at T-Ball.  The schedule will be a little hectic with practice 2X per week and games on Wednesday and Thursday Nights.  As I cringed at the schedule thinking about the fact that we have Swim Team practice and Horse Riding and Shows in there too, my friend (who has older kids already in sports) laughed and said "Welcome to sports my friend!"  I had to laugh too, this is the craziness I have been hearing about for the past 5 years and I thought things were already crazy!!!  As it was pointed out, Coop hasn't even started! We love it and are having fun but I also want to make sure the kids have some down time and family time together which I know will just get harder and harder to do but very important.  School is winding down too, just 3 more days left.  Raelynn has really enjoyed school this year but is always a little nervous for what's ahead.  This summer, for the first time, Coop and Raelynn will be at different places all day.  Coop of course is still at Mary Beth's but Raelynn will start at Boys and Girls Club.  She is super excited but always mentions that she hopes Coop will be ok without her.  I don't know if Coop fully understands because he does not seemed bothered by it at all.  My Mom, Karli and Steph all want to take Coop and Raelynn for a week this summer.  When I asked Coop if he wanted to go by himself or with Sissy he said, " I go by myself, I be ok."  Then when I asked Raelynn later she says, "I think we better go together because you know Coop has never really been away from us by himself."  The real question is whether I can handle them being away a week at a time!!!  The house always seems way too quiet and I always feel like I am forgetting something or something is missing.....it's horrible!  We will see what we get worked out. 

Today they sent home a picture of Terry and Raelynn when Terry was at her school during the Watch Dog Program.  I love this picture!

 

Today was a very special day!  After I got off work I picked Raelynn up and we met with the Pastor of Children's Ministries at our church.  This summer they are holding a Lake Baptism and last week Raelynn expressed some interest to me about being baptised.  I firmly believe that kids should be baptised only when they understand what it symbolizes so I called Pastor Carolyn and set up a meeting.  Raelynn was very nervous at first but Carolyn was amazing with her and there was no question she understood and was ready to be baptised.  The surprise though was that I had told Carolyn that if Raelynn did choose to be baptised and was ready I would like to get baptised with her as I never was.  So once it was confirmed that Raelynn was going to be baptised I let her know I was going to do it with her.  It was really cool and she was super excited as was I.  It is amazing to experience such an important thing with her and it be the first time for us both.  We are truly looking forward to it!!!

Well I guess I better move on to some work and then bed. Tomorrow starts another exciting and busy day. I can't wait!!!

0 comments: