CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETPEA!!!

In just a little over an hour from now Raelynn will turn 6 years old.  Tears run down my face just thinking about it.  I have no idea why other than the fact that she has grabbed hold of every part of my heart and soul and made every part of me a part of her and every part of her a part of me.  Raelynn came into this world with us terrified, worried and not having any idea what to expect and in the past 6 years nothing has changed except now this "thing" that leaves us terrified, worried and clueless is my life, my air.....my daughter. 

Raelynn~
     I love you sweet pea!  You are the most amazing daughter.  You bring so much joy and laughter to our family!  Today as I watch you help me in the kitchen, or get your shower taken without any help, or read words or simply listen to you talk with such perfect grammar or laugh at your witty sarcasm it is hard for me to believe that just 6 years ago you were a small 4lbs 13 oz and were completely helpless.  You have grown into such a beautiful little girl both inside and out.  You have taught me to see and experience so many things I just took for granted before.  I cannot imagine what our lives would have been without you!  You are truly my Sunshine!  I will always love you more than words can say or actions can show.  I am here for you always and forever! 

Birthdays are pretty special around here and I have been preparing for the big day for a couple weeks now.  Her morning will begin with Birthday greetings as we all wake her up.  Then after breakfast she will find a new outfit on her bed for a perfect start to a perfect day.  I will pick her up for lunch out which is sure to be her favorite....McDonalds.  Then we will enjoy pedicures together.  I just finished cupcakes for her to have for snack at Boys and Girls Club with her friends.  After work we will visit a park of her choice and then head home for her special Birthday Dinner.  This is a tradition my Mom started with us.  Your Birthday Dinner can be absolutely anything you want.  This year Raelynn has chosen sausage, mac n cheese, pasta salad and root beer floats.  (I know but it was her choice!)  Then of course will be present time.  Mom, Karli, Cassidy and Chandler will get in late Friday to celebrate with  a family gathering on Saturday.  By the time Saturday wraps up she should feel pretty special to be 6!

Last Saturday Raelynn had a "Friends Party" at LGA.  She said it was the best and loved it!  Her best friend from preschool was able to spend the night as well and they made it until midnight watching movies!!!  It was fun for us all. 

1 comments:

Sarah said...

You were blessed with a very special daughter and I love to read about your relationship with your daughter- you don't take anything about her for granted and it's wonderful!