CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SUMMER IS FLYING BY......

So it makes me crazy when I don't update this blog for so long because I have too much to recap and I forget all the really funny things the kids say!!!  We are on the go all the time but I am not complaining, for the most part I love it!  I have to say though, last night was the first night is over 3 weeks that we were able to just come home after work and it felt great!!!  I let the kids have a carpet picnic for dinner and we played and even made it to bed on time!

Last week we went to the Round Ball Classic, a charity event, where some of the past KU Bball players play a game against each other.  They have things for the kids and a silent auction and some raffles.  We had never been in the past but it was super fun and I am sure we will make it to all of them in the future.  Raelynn stood in line FOREVER to get her face painted which she loved.  However, 3 hours later when we were trying to wash it off, it was not quite so much fun.



The long wait in line was well deserved though as Raelynn was amazing last week.  On Wednesday night as we sat and ate dinner Raelynn looks at me and says, "Mom can I clean up the kitchen tonight?"  She was so exhausted and I told her it was ok I would get it done and she could just go relax after dinner.  She insists by saying, "why don't I clean up the kitchen why you give Boo a bath and then we can all relax and watch TV together."  It was so sweet so I agreed.  After dinner I gave Coop a bath and when we got done and I got back out to the kitchen, I found that Raelynn had done everything perfectly and had not even put the dishes in the dishwasher but washed, dried and put them all away.  She had Windex the table and everything looked fantastic.  She was so proud and so was I.  She is such a huge help!
Friday night Mom, Karli and Chandler came up for Raelynn and I's baptism on Sunday.  We had a great weekend.  On Sunday Raelynn got up extra early to make breakfast for Terry for Father's Day.  She was so excited and made it all by herself.  The day was kind of over shadowed by other events but there is no doubt it was a special day to Raelynn.  Cooper and Raelynn are so lucky to have such a great Dad.  I love my Dad very much and cannot imagine not having a relationship with him.  I am so relieved my kids will feel the same.  Coop is still a little young to really understand Father's Day but he is such a Daddy's boy Terry should and does feel appreciated by him every day. 




It wasn't long after breakfast we were off to a horse show and then Sunday evening Raelynn and I were baptised at a lake baptism at our church.  This was so awesome as it was something I had been wanting to do for some time and when Raelynn brought it up to me that she would like to be baptised I couldn't think of a better time or place to do it.  I am so thankful for my relationship with God and my church and family that I have to share it with.  I truly am so fortunate and have so much filling my life with happiness!  Cooper sat with my Mom while Raelynn and I were baptised and he told my Mom, "When I get big, I going to do that with my Dad!"  It was so sweet!



This week has been pretty quiet in comparison to others with a TBall game on Monday, riding lessons this evening, TBall practice tomorrow and Adventure Night Friday (we visit somewhere new after I get off work whether it be a new park, store, snack shop, hiking trail....just something we have never done before).  Then we start the weekend fun!  I love summer!  I love my family!  I love our crazy busy lives!


0 comments: