CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tonight was full of sweetness and laughs......Coop and I were playing catch while Raelynn was practicing with her T-Ball team.  Every once in awhile I would be watching Raelynn when Coop would throw the ball at me.  I got tired of getting hit with the ball so I told Coop, "Coop, say my name before you throw the ball so I am ready!" He looked at me kind of funny, I said "Ok?"  "Ok" he said.  A few minutes later I was watching Raelynn again and I hear Coop yell, "Kristi!"  I cracked up, "You can say Mommy Coop!"  "Oh! Ok!"  It was pretty funny.

Then we got home from T-Ball and our new neighbors were moving a few things in.  As soon as we drove into the driveway Coop says, "Our new neighbors are here, let's go see them."  Raelynn chimes in, "We'll go introduce ourselves, should be take them dinner?"  I told them to take a deep breath and if they came out we would say hi.  Well just as the kids got out of the car they walked out.  I thought Coop and Raelynn were going to explode.  They went running across the yard to introduce themselves.  Thankfully the couple seem absolutely wonderful and they have an adorable 14 month old daughter.  As I was chatting with them the kids were riding their scooters like crazies.  Coop took quite a spill but shed no tears.  A few minutes later Raelynn and Coop walk up to me as I am talking to our new neighbors and Raelynn says, "Excuse me Mom, Cooper is bleeding."  He had scraped up his elbow pretty good and it was definitely bleeding but I assured him he would be fine and I would get a band aid on in just a moment.  Then Raelynn and Coop were off again. I went inside after chatting and Raelynn was sitting Coop up on the couch.  She had reclined him, taken off his shoes and gotten him his milk.  The whole time she is talking to him in this adorable "Mom" voice asking him if he was doing better and if still hurt.  Come to find out Raelynn had brought Coop inside, peroxided the wound, put antiseptic cream on it and a band aid.  She took better care of him then I would have!  When they saw me Raelynn turns to me and says, "I am sorry we did not stay out there to talk to our new neighbors but Coop's elbow really hurt and I needed to get it taken care of."  I often forget who the adult is! I thanked her for being so caring and taking care of her brother.  We carried on with out evening.

Then as I put the kids to be, I lay with Cooper talking.  He tells me that he has a wonderful family and that he has a Mom and a Dad and a Sister and an Aunt Karli and a Granny and an Aunt Steph and an Uncle Cody.  Then he says, "Every family should have an Uncle Cody, they are fun, he tickles me all the time.  Uncle Cody is a cool guy!"  It was all too cute.  Then he says, "Mommy, I love you."  "I love you too Boo", I replied.  "No Mommy I love you ALL the time!  Little boys like me like having Mommies like you, that's why I love you!"  Seriously the best compliment I have ever received.  I gave him and extra squeeze and let him know I was the luckiest Mommy ever!