CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

MOMMA GOT A NEW TOY.................

So this post let's start out talking about me!  I got a new toy this week, partly by choice and partly because we were forced into making a change.  We had actually been researching and negotiating price on this very vehicle for almost 2 months but had not really reached a price I could stomach.  Then on Tuesday night as I was driving to pick up the kids I noticed my temperature gauge was reading a little warmer than normal.  I shut off the air conditioner and continued on my way.  When I picked up Raelynn I explained why we weren't running the A/C.  We pulled into our driveway and Raelynn got out of the car and headed inside as I gathered things from the car.  She says, "Oh Mom, I know why the A/C isn't working."  "You do?" I replied.  "Yea, come look."  And there, gushing out of my car, was green liquid.  It ran out forever and I new it wasn't good.  It ended up being my water pump, radiator and a timing belt needing replaced.  The next day we headed to the Ford dealership knowing we would either be leaving repairing my car or with a new Explorer.  Luckily for me it was the latter.  I had never really liked my old car and for 6 1/2 years I dreamt of a new one.  This one is awesomely amazing and finally I don't mind driving!!  Coop was super excited about the new car too which was cute.  Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Raelynn.  She is so sentimental and can't stand to get rid of anything.  She cried and cried about getting rid of our old car.  Finally though I think she is coming to terms with it and actually said she thought she might like it just a little bit!



2011 Ford Explorer

Another heart Mom and I are starting a chapter of the Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) Support Group here locally.  She had contacted me some time ago and we have been working on it.  Last Saturday we had a little BBQ to get to know those that would be interested.  It was a lot of fun and we met some more wonderfully amazing people.  Coop also made some new friends including a Hamster.  Fortunately he has yet to ask me if he could have one of his own!
 The same night we had the CHD Meeting, Raelynn had her very first sleep over.  We have had kids stay with us several times but I just have not felt comfortable letting he stay somewhere else.  He best friend from school invited her to stay and since we know the family very well and they literally live right behind us, we felt like it was as good of a time as any to let her.  She had a fantastic time and the Mom kept me in the loop on the nights happenings with text pictures.  The entire night was a success!!!

Raelynn also started Boys and Girls Club this week which has been amazing.  They do so many fun and exciting things each week.  We are so blessed to have such an outstanding program.  They are very structured but yet fun with the kids.  They get to swim, do tumbling, cook, work on computers, study math and writing and visit the public library, go to the movie theater and so much more.  I have been absolutely pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it is.  Raelynn is really enjoying it and has a new and exciting story to tell us every night as we drive home.

Today was a long but enjoyable day.  We went to Oskaloosa where Terry's family was holding a garage sale and we had put some things in to sale.  Garage Sales are not my idea of a fun Saturday but I felt we should help.  As we got ready this morning I sent Coop in to do his hair.  He returned with well brushed hair and a pretty bow headband.  He thought he was pretty hilarious and I must admit Raelynn and I agreed!
 Then tonight when we returned home Raelynn and Cooper took off playing as they love to do together.  The next thing I know they tell me they are headed to a concert and I shouldn't wait up for them.  I wasn't concerned in "Imaginary Land" whether they would be home in time or not, but rather looking at Raelynn's outfit I realized that our talks about appropriate and inappropriate clothing would have to begin long before I thought they would!
 Then I was informed that they were not just going to the concert but rather they were the band performing at the concert.  I told Raelynn, "Ooooooh, then what you have on would be just perfect!" 

 As I made dinner this evening Coop came in the kitchen and said he wanted to watch me.  I asked him why he wanted to watch me and he responded, "because you're the best Mommy ever!"  "Awe thanks Boo that makes Mommy feel good inside", I responded.  "It makes you feel good in your heart?"  Coop then asked.  "Yes, it makes me feel good in my heart, can I have a hug?" I asked him.  Coop hops off his chair and runs to give me a hug and then says, "I knew it make you feel good in your heart and then I would get a hug and you hold me!"  I couldn't decide if this was super sweet or if  I just have a really manipulative son since he had been asking to be held for the past 10 minutes!  Either way I got a hug and a little Cooper and Mommy time!

This is just a miscellaneous picture from Raelynn's 1st Tball game.  She is doing pretty good but has already told me that next year she was just going to stick with soccer so I am not so sure she finds Tball too exciting.

So I don't know if anyone remembers a post I made back in April about the lady at Raelynn's school who reads to the kids every day and then greets them as they come in.  Well this amazing lady decided this was the last year she was going to do it which made me very sad.  Word got around about my April post about her and how I was taken back at her interaction with the kids.  She actually read the post and thanked me for what I had said.  So I continued to think about how yucky the mornings were going to be without her there and how much of an impact she made on these kids' days.  I thought so much about it I found myself at the school office on the last day of school inquiring about the now "available position".  Anyway, one thing led to another and now I am the new story reader and greeter in the mornings.  I think it will be fun and a good way to start each morning.  I can't think of more rewarding volunteer work than putting a smile on the face of children.  I know I won't replace the extraordinary lady who did this for so many years but I am hopeful that I will find a way to touch each of the kids in my own way!

2 comments:

MOM said...

My darling daughter, you never cease to amaze me. Your involvement in the children's life if wonderful and yes you will continue to touch every life, big or small.

Huber Family said...

Oh my goodness, Kristi - you have the biggest heart of anyone I know! Good luck with the reading/greeting to the kiddos. How fun! Also, congrats on the beautiful new ride - you definitely deserve it = )