CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

MY LITTLE COMICS!...............

This week has been a long and difficult week at work.  I know in days it has been a short week but I can honestly say I really did not think Friday would ever get here!  It is funny though how when one area of your life is overwhelming another is perfectly wonderful. 

Raelynn and Cooper have been nothing but laughs this week.  Everyday after I pick them up from daycare I just cannot get enough of them.  It started out Monday night when Coop and Raelynn were in the bathroom brushing their teeth before bed.  I hear Raelynn yell for me and as I headed down the hall I notice the light is turned out in the bathroom and they have a flashlight on instead.  Raelynn says, "Mom, we're going green!  We turned out the lights to save energy and are using our flashlights."  "Good job guys", I reply with a huge smile.......what a sign of our times!  When I was 5 I would have never even heard of the term "going green"! 

Tuesday night I put Raelynn to bed and then laid down with her as I always do for a few minutes.  This is when we usually have out best conversations and this night was no different.  We lay quiet for a bit and then Raelynn says, "Mom, some of the kids sometimes say really bad words."  I acknowledge that they do and let her know that she will always hear bad words and will probably learn more but that we choose the words we use and the words we use are a direct reflection of who we are.  She says she knows but she just doesn't know why the kids use such bad words.  She then says, "Mom they said the "S" and the "Sh" word."  We carried on our conversation for awhile and I assumed the words we were referring to were "Stupid" and "Shit".  I have always kept my kids from using the word Stupid so we refer to it as a bad word.  At one point Raelynn said she sometimes hears grown ups tell kids the "Sh" word and that it was hurtful to say that.  This comment made me wonder whether we were talking about the same "Sh" word so I asked Raelynn to tell me the word she was talking about.  She replies, "Oh no Mom, I don't want to say it."  I let her know I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.  She crunches way down in her covers and whispers, "Shut Up".  "Shut up" ?????  That was the "Sh" word?????????  ran through my mind but I instead reaffirmed that those words were not kind words and she was right to choose not to use them.  As I left her room that night I smiled to myself loving the fact that she was still innocent enough to be offended by the words "shut up" and not to even recognize that their could be another "Sh" word that was more offensive!

As I have mentioned, Raelynn is growing up and maturing by leaps and bounds right now.  She is a very witty little thing and although I find her wit and sarcasm hilarious right now I am sure there will be a time all too soon that her wit and sarcasm with land her in trouble but for now I can't help but love it.  We had T-Ball practice last Friday evening.  Her team has 2 coaches, one is a male and seems to really know what he is doing and is good with the kids.  The other is a female and does most of the organizing and paperwork.  She is a very outspoken person and does not try to hide that she is "in charge".  She talks non stop and as politely as I can say it, she is quite annoying.  Friday at practice the male coach was gone for the holiday weekend and it was just the female coach there.  Practice is just beginning and Raelynn is in the outfield.  She yells to the female coach asking where Coach is at.  The female coach replies, "Well what do you think I am?"  Raelynn, without even a pause, replies, "Hmmm I don't know, the one that does all the talking?"  I literally spit out the water I had just drank and laughed loudly.  The few others that heard her let me know that not only was Raelynn witty but also very observant!  Luckily the female coach just laughed but I had a hard time making eye contact with her after that.  They were to have their 1st T-Ball game last night but unfortunately it got rained out so we are still waiting for our first T-Ball experience.

Cooper has been equally as funny but the difference between he and Raelynn is that Coop is a constant comedian.  He never lets up!  He is still telling stories and making us laugh when we tuck him in at night.  This past weekend I walked in the living room to find Coop standing in front of the TV completely engrossed in what they were saying with his hand cupping his the outside of his shorts.  Immediately I ask him if he has to go potty.  He replies, "No" barely taking his eyes off the TV.  I said a little louder, "Coop, then why are you holding your penis?"  He looks down as though he didn't even know he was doing it and looks right back up at me, without moving his hand, and replies, "Hmm I don't know, nuttin else to do!"  Who would have known that this behaviour is instinctively natural for boys and Coop was so blatantly honest!!! 

We also made our first visit to the pool for the summer on Monday.  It was super windy which made it a little chilly but the kids had a great time and Coop has no fear this year.  He and Raelynn just played and played.  It was the first time in nearly 6 years that I visited a pool and actually got to relax in the sun.  I am pretty sure we will visit the pool often this year.


Raelynn and Coop had their first horse show of the season as well.  They both did great and Raelynn is competing in 3 classes this year which have much more responsibility.  She may have been a little overwhelmed at first but she is really liking it this year.  It really is a great sport to teach discipline and responsibility and it is fun to watch how much more of both she is displaying this year over last.



As I mentioned in the beginning, this has been a pretty long week for me and I have gotten less sleep than usual.  I really don't require much sleep but I do need more than the 3 to 4 I have been getting this week.  Last night when I finally made it into bed I prayed that God would give me the strength to continue to do the things I am doing and to continue to do them well.  I also prayed that he would help me to find more time for rest or allow me to get by with the amount I am getting.  That was really the last thing I remember before dozing off.  I woke up to my alarm this morning and could not help but laugh. I had the best dream ever.  I was face to face with God in Heaven and he was telling me that I was being rewarded and I was going to get to sleep or rest as much as I wanted and he had all my favorite things ready for me.  There in my dream was this amazingly wonderful and huge bed made of feathers.  It was sooooo comfortable and warm.  There was a huge TV land all sorts of snacks and drinks.  Also in this wonderful dream were Coop and Raelynn there in the comfy bed and they were in the perfect state where they just lay with me cuddling and didn't have their feet all over me and weren't moving all  over but were just laying there.  But what was so funny in this perfectly wonderful dream was what was playing on TV.  In MY perfect dream, on TV, we were watching Shake It Up on Disney!  I guess in even the most perfect of perfect dreams, a little reality has to sneak in!

0 comments: