CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ON A ROLL...........

It is approaching midnight and I know when my alarm goes off at 4am I will hate myself, but I am on a roll so why stop now!  I am facing deadlines everywhere with church, the foundation, Coop's birthday party, Thanksgiving....it just keeps going and going.  I know this is no different than anyone else but there are times I really wonder how other people manage it all and wish I could take lessons from them.  The truth is that Coop and Raelynn keep me going and their humor makes it all worth it.  Last night as I was putting Raelynn to bed she was giving me a hard time about something, honestly I don't even remember what, but in a joking manner I told her I was not snuggling because she was being mean and acted as if I was leaving her room.  She giggles and says, "Oh Mom, 'ya know I'm only messin' with you!"  Sometimes her comments just catch me off guard because they are so much like a comment a friend would make to me.

Tonight on our way to visit Aunt Karli in Topeka Raelynn says, "Mom, can we have another shopping trip? That was really fun!"  It was so much fun but unfortunately too many shopping trips with Raelynn and I and none of us will eat!!!  The truth is it is Coop who needs a little Mommy time.  Yesterday I picked him up from Preschool and headed to Mary Beth's.  Coop says to me, "Mommy sometimes I like to go to Mary Beth's but sometimes I just want to go home with you.  Could we just go home this one time?"  If that doesn't tear your heart out nothing will!  The past week or so he has asked me to hold him or snuggle with him or play with him, just him not Sissy.  So I know it is time we get some alone time and plan to make time just for that this weekend!  As if that wasn't enough to tear at my heart, Coop also broke down in tears that his Grandpa couldn't come to school with him.  Tomorrow is Dad's Day but his teacher had said in class that they could invite their Grandpa's or their Dad's.  After I picked him up he says, "We need to call Grandpa and invite him to my school."  I told him I would love to but Grandpa lives too far away to come to school.  Coop replies, "But Grandpa's never seen my school."  I looked at him to tell him again that Grandpa would love to but was just too far away and the face I saw was a sad one and the tears streamed down his cheeks.  I had not realized how much it meant to him and I thought I might cry to.  Coop really identifies with the males in our family but yet doesn't get to see them that often and I really felt for him.  He finally agreed that is was fine that Dad just come to Dad's Day instead of Grandpa but said he hopes he gets to see Grandpa at his birthday.  It was just so sweet!

Terry spent the day at Raelynn's school as a Watch Dog today.  This is always an exciting and special day to Raelynn and I think Terry really enjoys it as well.  He is great with the kids and Raelynn loves having him there.


We also got to take some pictures of Coop trying to get one good one since his school pics weren't so great. These were just a couple of the snaps I took but dang he is cute!  (I am not biased or anything :) )


Well I guess my break is over and back to work for me but looking forward to another day just wish it wouldn't come quite so quickly!

0 comments: