CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 5, 2011

HALLOWEEN FUN AND MUCH MORE............

Oh where do I even start!  The last week and half has been a fun one!  Let's start off with the laughs.....Raelynn's school had spirit week last week and Friday was crazy hair day.  We had a blast with this one!

They have an '80's day coming up and I think we will do the hair much the same way :)

Last Saturday we were invited to a Trail Ride.  Coop and Terry have been to one before but Raelynn and I never had.  We rode in a wagon pulled by 2 beautiful large horses.  The kids had a blast and it really was a fun morning.


This is just a few of the amazing animals we saw.  The ride was just South of Baldwin.  I was amazed at the wildlife we saw as well. 

After the trail ride we headed home to clean up and then meet the family out to celebrate Aunt Bonnie's Birthday.  Another fun family time.

Believe it or not, after all that we came home and Terry and the kids carved pumpkins. 


The kids love doing this with there Dad and I am so grateful because it is one of the least exciting things I can think of so I am happy that my job is simply to take the pics.

Finally Monday arrived and the excitement was almost too much!  Coop was able to wear his costume to school and Terry stayed to watch his adorable singing program.  I went to Raelynn's class party later in the afternoon.  Both seemed to go great.  Aunt Karli helped me manage to get everything together and met us up at the school.  I stayed at the party for my lunch hour but had to get back to work before it was over.  Luckily, Aunt Karli stayed and stepped right in as Mommy.  I was so thankful to have her so I could shuffle between being with my little girl and being a reliable employee. 






It made for a fun day!

As soon as Terry and I got off work we headed home and out trick or treating.  We had a great time again this year and the kids never tired this year.  The weather was perfect!  After we got home the kids eagerly separated their candy and kept a few and set the rest out for the Witch Fairy.  I love the Witch Fairy for taking away all the candy!  This year she left the kids Halloween Pajama Pants which they loved!  The Witch Fairy is so good!
The fun didn't stop there.  On Wednesday we hosted a wine tasting at Holy-Field Winery in Basehor.  Last year at the St. Patrick's Day Parade Auction Terry bought a Wine Tasting for a party of 20.  We finally got around to booking it and so we were off right after work.  It was so much fun!  I had never done anything like that before and I found it so interesting.  I learned amazing things about the wine process that I never even thought about.  The whole evening was wonderful with friends and family in spite of ther cold rainy weather. 


Before we were able to enjoy our evening on Wednesday, I came home to 6 year old drama.  Raelynn was being snippy about things.  I had ran home long enough to change my shirt and brush my teeth but as I walked by her I stopped and asked her what was going on she seemed grumpy.  She replies, "I just didn't have a very good day."  I stopped immediately and knelt down and asked her what happened.  The next thing I knew she was in tears and gushing that her best friend had told her she was just her second best friend now.  She went on to explain how she didn't let her share the computer with her and disclosed their secret hand shake to her new best friend.  Raelynn was devastated and I was almost in tears myself.  I have talked to so many friends about these times with their daughters and read so much about how to properly console your child while still using it as a time of teaching; teaching how to use appropriate words to express your feelings and teaching how to deal with life's disappointments.  Unfortunately they failed to mention how to keep your own tears in check and how to handle an EXTREMELY sensitive child who already expresses her feelings better than most adults.  I applied everything I had been told and everything I had read and I just hoped it was enough.  The worse part was that once the crying stopped and she seemed ok, I had to leave to go to the wine tasting.  I just hoped I had said all the right things.  Anyway, I text Karli a few times throughout the evening and everything seemed to be fine.  We got home a little after 9pm but she was already fast asleep.  The next morning she woke up happy as usual and all seemed fine.  We got to school and got sat down in the gym but were a little early and there weren't any kids there yet.  Raelynn crawled up on my lap and said, "Mommy, I love you and talking to you makes everything better."  She hugged me and said again she loved me.  I took a big sigh knowing that what I said last night must have been the right thing.  The kids started coming in and I started reading.  The gym was pretty full when Raelynn's best friend walked in.  I should say that I absolutely love her best friend and know that they will have their little fights but I will always adore her.  Anyway, she walked right through all the kids over to Raelynn and handed her a picture.  I would later that night learn that the picture said at the top, "You will always be my BFF!"  Raelynn's face brightened immediately and her first girl fight was over.  Hopefully she learned a little something and I know I did; The next 10 to 15 years are going to be a challenge and that the previous 6 have been nothing compared to what's next!!!!

Last night was our first Baker game of the year.  We always have a great time and last night was no exception.  They are 2-0, good start for another fun season!


Tonight we went to the Topeka Steak House for PoPo's (Terry's Dad) birthday.  His birthday was actually a few months back but he had been sick and then out of town so we were just now getting together to celebrate.  Tonight there was this amazing balloon guy there.  He could make anything!  He made Raelynn a rocking horse, Cooper a dog, a flower for Karli and I, a swan for Aunt Bonnie, a snail for Aunt Carol and a monkey in a palm tree for Popo.  He was awesome.  It made for an entertaining dinner!


From now until January we are booked it seems like every second of every day.  Cooper is starting in a winter Soccer League which should be a lot of fun.  Raelynn will continuing with swimming but has taken a winter break from soccer and other sports for now.  It is such an exciting time of year though that no one seems to mind the business around here :)

Cute Boy!  This is just a proof of his school pics.....those stupid glasses never stay up!

0 comments: