CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 27, 2011

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR.................

What an wonderful Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Break!  The holiday started out with our Wednesday night cooking.  I had several things to make but the most challenging was the lemon meringue pie!  The first attempt was a complete failure but after a few hours of sleep I tried again Thursday morning and it was a success!


Thanksgiving Day we went to Bonnie's to be with family.  The kids had a blast!  It seems that instead of football when were together its baseball which Coop loves!

Raelynn always helps make the Deviled Eggs.  I think we would have many more if she didn't help but she has fun doing it.  I am always surprised she does not end up with a tummy ache!  I think she had 6 or 7 before dinner even began!

We have so much to be thankful for it is hard to even put into words.  Both our kids are miracles and are the most amazing things in my life!  I would not be the same person without them and wouldn't want my life to be any different than it is right now.  I am thankful for a wonderful, loving family!  I am thankful for incredible friends!  I am thankful for God being a part of my life!  I am thankful everyday for every second given to me!  Thanksgiving is a time to acknowledge what we are thankful for but every day I think about what I am thankful for, especially as I kiss my kids the last time each day before they drift off to sleep.

After much family time we headed home and started gearing up for Black Friday shopping.  This year it started Thursday night.  I had a game plan and certain items we were after.  I headed out about 9:30pm to hit Walmart at 10pm.  We had a electric car on the list for Cooper.  I got to the cars at 10:02pm and they were sold out!  Strike 1!  My next stop was Best Buy.  There we had 3 items on the list.  I stood in line for an hour and a half.  I ended up in line behind 2 guys who were not there to buy a single thing but rather to be a part of the "Black Friday Madness".  They had lawn chairs, blankets and a cool and the cool was definitely not filled with bottles of water.  They were absolutely hilarious and kept things entertaining.  Once in Best Buy I ended up with 1 or my 3 items.  I stood in line for another hour and half to check out and then headed to Kohl's.  It was around 2am by this time and I was exhausted.  I almost fell asleep checking out!  I headed home with hardly any of my shopping done.  The real bummer was that Terry went out around 11am on Friday morning after a good nights sleep and ended up with 2 of the things that were "sold out" when I was out.  That just didn't seem right!

After almost 4 hours of sleep Coop woke me up and then Raelynn followed stating that they didn't want the same old thing for breakfast and wanted me to make them something.  So up I was make blueberry pancakes.  We spent all day decorating for Christmas and then headed downtown for Santa's arrival.  This is an annual tradition and so much fun.  We never get tired of the magic of Chtristmas.  This year we were not sure what Coop was going to ask for so after he chatted with Santa I followed and had my own little chat with Santa to find out that Coop asked for Walkie Talkies!  Raelynn's was no secret, a voice journal and texters!  So then we were off for another tradition, the kids get to pick out a new Christmas ornament.  This year Raelynn chose an ice skate and Coop another motorcycle.
Daddy and Cooper watching as Santa is rescued from the roof of Weavers!

Daddy and Raelynn being silly as we wait for Santa!

My favorite kiss!

Raelynn explains to Santa exactly what she wants and how she wants it!

Cooper and Santa


Mom and Karli came Friday night and Cassidy and Chandler came in Saturday to start the birthday weekend for Coop.  His birthday is tomorrow but he had his friend's birthday party on Saturday.  It was a huge success!  It was probably one of the easiest parties I have ever done and the kids had so much fun.  The day was a little hectic as we had to do some more baking in the morning, Soccer at 11am and then get ready for the party at 3pm.  It was at the indoor aquatic center and with some decorated cookies from Eileen's it was awesome!  It is just amazing to see Coop just like all the other kids and afraid of nothing!  I just smile every time I look at him.  He had so much fun with his friends and we had fun watching him.




After that we came home and he had some more birthday fun opening presents from the family.  Cooper loved all his boy toys and has played non stop all weekend.  He got a flipper car from Aunt Sherri that was a huge success and a space rocket from his friends that was also a big hit!  I don't think he will be bored for days!



 Tomorrow is his actually birthday when he will celebrate with our gifts.  We go out to eat to participate in a Cooper's Cause fundraiser every year at various restaurants in Lawrence.  In addition to our fundraiser tomorrow Cooper's Cause Foundation always donates a tree to the Festival of Trees.  We spent this afternoon setting it up and it looks great!  The auction is on Tuesday and is so fun to attend!

I would like to say that the craziness is over for a bit but really from now until after Christmas we are non stop.  I always have to remember this time of year to stop and breathe and enjoy things a little along the way. I wish we could freeze time once in awhile because I know these times will be gone much too soon!

0 comments: