CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

THE BIRTHDAY BOY.........

Yesterday was Cooper's 4th Birthday!  It is incredible to look at him and know what he has been through in 4 years and how far he has come.  He is truly a miracle and we are so blessed to have him in our lives!  Sometimes I find myself just staring at him in disbelief at who he is today.  Looking back over the first 3 years of his life it was just see a whirlwind.  We have tried so hard to keep things "normal" in our household even with the multiple doctor appointments and lengthy stays at the hospital.  Sometimes I wonder if we have missed any of the normal achievements in his life because they were overshadowed by his condition but I can honestly say I think his heart condition has made me even more aware of the little achievements in his life.  He has given our family so much strength it is incredible.  He has given us a purpose and a focus and so much love it is sometimes hard to grasp it all.  Cooper has brought more to this world in 4 years than I have brought in my lifetime.  I am one of the most fortunate Mother's because he has taught me more than I will ever teach him.  Every night when I kiss him goodnight I thank God for giving him to us and every morning when I kiss him awake I thank God for letting him stay with us. Our blessings are plentiful and celebrating his 4th Birthday when we didn't even know if there would be a 1st is magical.

His birthday celebration began as soon as he woke yesterday.  We all greeted him with birthday wishes and even got to open 1 present from Sissy before we left for the day.  He started his day on the morning radio station during a short interview.  He actually talked to and answered questions, it was pretty sweet.  He then was off to preschool and celebrated with his friends with Chocolate Cupcakes.  After preschool he got to celebrate again at Mary Beth's and treated all his friends to a balloon.  Aunt Steph picked him up early and off to Orange Leaf they went.  (Sis was not pleased when she heard about this.)  When Terry and I got off work we joined family and friends at Longhorn Steak House where we were having a fundraiser for the foundation.  It is called Cooper's Birthday Bash and there were 6 participating restaurants that gave a portion of their proceeds to the foundation yesterday.  Of course Orange Leaf and Longhorn's were 2 of those restaurants!  It was great to see everyone and Coop received lots of attention.  Then we headed home for some presents.  He had a great birthday and as we tucked him in to bed and kissed him goodnight he said, "My birthday's over?"  "Yes until next year", I replied.  "I'm a big boy now and have a lot of new toys!"  I guess that made for a successful birthday in his eyes!

Cooper~
I love you with all my heart!  You are wonderfully amazing and we will celebrate many, many birthdays to come!  Thank you for your wonderful ornery smile that brightens everyday.  You are my inspiration, motivation and courage.  I love you more and more every day!  Happy 4th Birthday!

1 comments:

Carolyn Martin, friend of the Dukes said...

Such a blessing to celebrate Coop's 4th birthday. You have all weathered so much and are such a loving family. Today is my baby boy's birthday also, he is 49 today. He has always been a blessing to us and we are so lucky to have him, he is an only child and of course we love him and his family so much. Happy Birthday Coop, you are a 4 year old miracle.