CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

STORY TIME................

Terry and I read to Raelynn and Cooper every night before bedtime.  Tonight as we started our bedtime routine Raelynn ran to her book bag and returned with a library book for Cooper and one for her, a book mark she had made for each of them and a blank piece of paper for each.  She explained to Coop that after he and Daddy read they needed to write down one thing he liked about what they read and one thing that he didn't like and she would do the same.  This would help her pick more appropriate books for them, an yes she did use the word "appropriate".  So off to bed we all went with our books, bookmark and paper.  After Raelynn and I finished reading, I asked her, "Ok, what is one thing you didn't like about the book?"  She says, "Well I didn't like how you didn't express the words with your voice as you read, you have to look at the punctuation!"  I just looked at her, speechless, and then burst out laughing.  Who knew she was such a critic.  I told her I would try harder tomorrow :) Story time used to be one of the easiest things I did each day but now I guess I am going to have to step it up a bit!

A few weeks ago the Salvation Army was out ringing the bell for donations and giving out tootsie rolls.  Tonight as we went into HyVee they were there again ringing the bell.  Both the kids turned to me and asked for some change.  I told them we would do that on our way out and on we went to get groceries.  When it came time to leave we stopped in the foyer area and I got some change out for both kids.  As we left Raelynn dropped hers in the container and then Coop did the same.  After he did he just stood there looking at the man ringing the bell.  I said, "Come on Coop!"  He looks at the man again and says, "Hey!  Where's my tootsie roll?!"  It was so funny I couldn't even apologize for his rudeness.  Raelynn cracks up and grabs his hand as we walked away laughing.  Coop found no humor in this and says, "That guy didn't give me a tootsie roll!"  When I finally finished laughing I explained that we donate the money to help others and no for the tootsie roll but I don't think he really liked the idea. 

0 comments: