CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

CRY AND LAUGHTER EVERY DAY IS SOMETHING NEW

Every day the kids say and do things that make us laugh and sometimes cry.  Unfortunately by the time I get around to documenting it I have forgotten.  Therefore I am trying to be much better about it...............

Last night as I tucked Coop into bed I asked him if there was anyone or anything special he wanted to say his prayers for.  I ask this question every night but last night the answer was a little more than usual.  He responded after several seconds of silence, "Can we ask God to keep me alive and safe at my surgery?"  I responded without hesitation, "Absolutely, I pray for that very same thing every night!"  Coop seemed very happy that he could pray for that and we did.  I walked out of his room with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. 

This morning Raelynn asks, "Mom does Santa wear Khakis?"  I didn't have a quick response because I wasn't sure what lead to the question and of course I am trying to keep Santa Claus a mystery so while I deliberated on just what to say, Raelynn continued. "The Santa at Weavers had Khakis under his Santa suit.  I think he may have been just one of Santa's helpers.  Well really I think Santa is just a myth, maybe a magically myth but I don't really care as long as the dude keeps puting presents in my stocking he can be what ever he wants and wear khakis!"  I didn't think at this point I really needed to respond to the original question and instead just laughed, kissed her on the head and told her I loved her!  She smiled back and said, "I love you too Momma!" 

0 comments: