CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 11, 2012

ODD WEEKEND........

This weekend seemed so scattered but yet did manage to get a few things done.  I felt like all plans we had were all mixed up but it turned out to be pretty good.  I could just use one more day as always :).  Last weekend was Birthday Party craziness.  Both Coop and Raelynn had friend's with Birthday Parties at the same time.  Of course Raelynn attended hers without me while Coop and I enjoyed his.  It is so cute to watch him interact with his friends.


The big highlights from last week was of course the election, Terry's Birthday and parent/teacher conferences.  Raelynn is incredible educated about the political process and even managed to gather some of the facts of the candidates.  I honestly was so proud of her knowledge and interest in it.  She debated all the way to the polls who she was going to vote for as did I.  After she voted she handed me her ballot and said, "I am confident in my choice."  I can promise you I did not say that.  However, I took great satisfaction in watching her confidence.
 Terry took Coop to the polls Tuesday morning as well which I was very pleased to hear.  When I picked Coop up from Mary Beth's Raelynn saw his "I voted" sticker and started to question him.  To my surprise he knew who Terry voted for and even seemed to understand why we were voting.  I tell 'ya, I can only hope my kids continue their interest in this country!

One night this past week I was cleaning out Raelynn's bookbag and found this letter from her to me.  It is amazing the affect they have on me.

Coop also got out attention this week when I spontaneously bought him a NEW pair of shoes.  I realized that I have never bought him a new pair of shoes because we have been fortunate enough to have several hand me downs from friends.  I have to admit though, I felt horrible when I realized how much the new shoes meant to him.


Terry's Birthday was on Wednesday and birthdays are just so much more fun to celebrate when kids are involved.  Raelynn and Coop had breakfast waiting for Terry as soon as he got up.  It was a great start to the day.




Friday night we headed to the KU Basketball game which is always fun.  It was unusually warm which made Allen Field House crazy hot but we still had fun!



Saturday was soccer as usual and then Fall Cleaning :)  We got a lot done but still have the basement for next weekend.  Today was so cold, a big change from the unseasonably warm weather on Saturday.  It turned out to be a really lazy day spent watching TV and doing paperwork.  I guess we need a few of those days too.  Now just wish I had tomorrow to finish up the paperwork still sitting!

0 comments: