CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 12, 2013

AS THE SCHOOL YEAR COMES TO AN END......

I can hardly believe it is the middle of May and soon I will have a Kindergartner and a 3rd Grader.  Everyone always says time flies when your having fun and I guess they are soooooo right!  Today has actually been pretty easy going.  I had a fabulous run this morning with the temperature perfect and no wind.  We made it to soccer and Coop is currently at a birthday party.  I have managed to get the house cleaned for the most part and I am officially half way done with my spring cleaning.  We kind of needed a slower Saturday after the past week.  I will work backwards on the weeks events.  Friday was a big day for Raelynn.  They had a surprise birthday party for the teacher and field day both of which went great.  Friday night Raelynn had a Sock Hop with her Brownie Troop and Terry, Coop, a friend of Coop's and I made it to a KU Baseball game.  Coop absolutely loves watching sports.  One night when Raelynn was gone, Coop turned on the TV and golf was on.  He said, "Yes!  Let's watch this!!!!"  The other morning I found him watching the replay of a baseball game.  He was glued to the TV.  Anyway, there is no doubt he enjoys his sports and he had a great time last night.

All last week was Teacher Appreciation Week so we did a day of flowers and then a day of Eileen's Cookies for both the kids teachers.  We do so appreciate them!  We have been very fortunate to have amazing teachers for both of the kids thus far.  We have absolutely loved them all.

Wednesday was a big day for Coop and I.  His preschool always hosts Mother's Tea in honor of Mother's Day.  It was so sweet again this year and I left with several beautiful gifts.  It was a little sad knowing that was my last Mother's Tea.  Coop was so excited to have me there and was all hugs.  It was awesome!!!  They tie their art show and book fair in with it all which is a lot of fun for the kids.  The artwork they display is quite amazing, the patience it must take overwhelms me :)




Sissy's face painting skills on display

She even painted her own face!

Tuesday we had Family Picnic which we do at the end of every year for Raelynn's Brownie Troop.  Once again another reminder that school is almost out.  It was actually a pretty fun evening of kids playing and parents chatting.  I feel like we are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of parents around us that are quickly becoming really great friends.

Last weekend was the school carnival.  We have never made it to the carnival since Raelynn started school so this year was pretty exciting.  It really is a great carnival.  It was a rainy cold day however, and we had to move the entire carnival into their school but it didn't seem to slow the fun at all.

Coop in the Hamster Ball

Raelynn and one of her BFF's

Raelynn guarding her silent auction item :)

So now as we look ahead to next week, we inch toward one more week closer to the end of the school year and I must say it makes me just a little sad.  It's one more reminder of how big the kids are getting. Coop is most noticeable right now with his vocabulary and reasoning expanding daily.  Even last week as we were around some very large dogs, which Coop normally would be terrified of, he reminded me when I asked if he was ok, "Yes, I have to get over my fear of big dogs."  I think I need to go back to 5 years old sometimes!

0 comments: