CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 24, 2013

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL AND MORE.....

This week has been awesome!  Exhausting, but awesome!  

Besides all the fun we have had, the kids said some pretty funny things too.  Early in the week when I picked the kids up after work one day, Raelynn was picking on Coop a little.  Coop was tired and he said to her, "Sis, I'm not in the mood!"  I could not help but laugh.  When I am grumpy and the kids are being a little crazy I will say, "guys I am in no mood for this" and obviously Coop understands the meaning quite well.  Raelynn has been suffering from allergies terribly for the last couple weeks.  One night when I was tucking her in and reminding her to say her prayers, she says, "I am going to pray lower tree pollen count!"  I didn't even know about tree pollen at her age but I guess I didn't suffer from allergies either.  Raelynn was actually on a roll with funnyisms this week.  One morning as we pulled up to school a favorite song of hers came on the radio.  She said, "Mom, please pause the radio so I can hear this when you pick me up."  I told her I couldn't pause the radio to which she responded in disgust, "well then you need to get an upgrade!"  Well well I guess my 2011 just isn't good enough for her!  I have to say though, my favorite Raelynn moment this week came one morning when I got to work and found I had an email from her.  It was timed 6:35am so she had sent it that morning before we left for work.  It said, "You're 1,000% awesome!  I was so touched until I noticed the email actually was sent to her cousin, Chandler and I was just cc'd on it.  That night she asked me if I got her email.  I said I did but I was disappointed I was just cc'd on it.  She didn't understand what "cc'd" meant so I explained when you send an email to someone and then cc someone else your are just letting that person know about the email and its contents but that the email is not directly to them.  So in this case she told Chandler that she was 1,000% awesome and just let me know that she said that to Chandler.  Raelynn shrugged it off and said "oh, well I meant to say it to you too" but gave it little concern.  The next morning I got to work and there was another email from Raelynn.  This time it was just to me and it read:

"You're 1,000% awesome!  I tried to cc the world but I didn't know their email :)"

I almost started to cry but instead just smiled so big!  I emailed her back, "right back at 'ya and we'll just continue to show the world!"  I tell you, at this instance, I had nothing negative to say about technology!


Last Friday was Coop's last day of school which meant carnival time.  Both Terry and I had work conflicts so taking Coop was nearing impossible.  One of Coop's friend's Mom offered to take him which was so sweet. Of course Coop thought that was fantastic.  He is so different from Raelynn in this way.  Raelynn would have been devastated that one of us was not going to be there with her where Coop is just as happy going with one of his friends.  In this case, thank goodness!  So he went and my wonderful friend sent me pics all morning of the boys.  It was great!  Then it was weekend time and although busy it really was pretty laid back.  Saturday we had soccer, cleaning the house and running errands.  We even snuck in a little ball time which is a good laugh for us all.  Coop is great but Raelynn is a picture image of the sayings "throws like a girl".  That poor thing received no athletic ability at all!  I love her spirit though.  She is confident and knows sports are not her deal so she plays and laughs right along with the rest of us!  I am so glad her Aunt introduced her to horses!   


I also snuck in some time to finish up some spring cleaning and get Coop's room updated.  I have been taking it room by room and it was Coop's turn.  He was super happy with his new look!



  Sunday we had church, a retirement party, a birthday party and a graduation party.  Shockingly we made it to all without being late!  It was just a good start to a week of celebration.

Even though Coop was out of school they had one last hoopla and went to the Topeka Zoo.  So once again Terry stepped in and took him to the Zoo.  These last couple of weeks would have never been a success had I been a single parent.  Terry and I have split events and days off and I feel sooooo thankful we are able to.  So Terry and Coop headed to the zoo and had a really great time.  Apparently there was a pretty cool train ride involved because that is what I heard the most about.  It made me sad that I could not be there but I was just thankful Terry was.  

From the zoo, Terry and Coop had to rush back for dentist appointments by 1pm.  I meant them at the dentist and spent the next 2 hours with Raelynn and Coop there.  Coop's checked out great and Raelynn not too bad but looks like we will get the pleasure of braces in a few years.  Yipee!





After the dentist it was back to work.  After to work we went over to Aunt Karli's to pick up some beautiful flowers Mom had sent me and to have a little dinner and see her completed apartment.  Steph and Cody joined us and we had a great time!  I cannot believe we don't to that more often!

Tuesday was Coop's first T-ball practice and he loved it!  I cannot even tell you how much that boy loves his sports.  It just makes me laugh.  He never seems to get tired or upset, he is just on the go always.  I think he has a wonderful attitude and I just hope it continues!

Wednesday was riding lessons and soccer so Terry went one way for soccer and I went the other for riding lessons.  Raelynn loves her racing pony, Moon and I hope she gets to the point she can race this summer but she still is getting nervous at the speed.  It is amazing to see her improvement over last year though.  She is so confident and gets the importance of her body position in riding.  It is quite impressive!  I am so thankful for the time Aunt Bonnie puts in with her!

Thursday was Raelynn's last day of school!  I cannot believe I have a 3rd Grader.  Wow how she has grown both in size and character.  We started the morning bright and early getting a plant for her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Mitchell.  She has been an extraordinary teacher!  I absolutely love her.  I must admit I miss reading to the kids over the summer.  I am just happy they are letting me do it again next year with both Coop and Raelynn there!





School only went to 11:15am on Thursday and then Raelynn was just going to join me at work.  Luckily for her our great friends offered for her to spend the day with them.  Then I picked up all the kids after work and we headed to the Shriner's Rodeo.  We have so much fun at Rodeos but we got the VIP treatment last night.  Since Terry's Dad has been in the Shrine for years and is a big part of it, we got to be in the VIP area with food, drinks and more fun then ever.



 Aunt Steph and Uncle Cody joined us as well which of course just made it even more fun!
 The highlight of the night however was when Lucy introduced Raelynn to the Abdullah Shrine Rodeo Queen!  Raelynn was in awe!  The Queen later asked Raelynn to hold her phone while she went out into the arena.  I think Raelynn was about to explode!  Seriously I don't know that I had ever seen her so giddy!  It was all way too cute.  Raelynn said she would do that someday!!!!

It was a late night but I had nothing to worry about because today I have the day off!!!  Woohoo!!!  I have big plans for the day but doubt that any get done, but that is ok!  I slept in this morning but have already got several loads of laundry done, cinnamon rolls and cookies baked, checkbook up to date and now the blog updated!  Hopefully the next 4 hours will be just as successful!

0 comments: