CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 12, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY........

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom!  I cannot imagine raising 4 girls but she did it!  I am so thankful to have had her and count my blessings daily for being able to pick up the phone and call her anytime I like.  As I talked to my Mom this morning wishing her a Happy Mother's Day Terry walked in the kitchen and asked if that was my Mom.  I said it was and he asked that I wish her a Happy Mother's Day from him as well.  It was probably a good thing he left the kitchen at that point because tears swelled in my eyes at the thought about the fact that he couldn't call his Mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day and how much he probably wished he could.  Anyway, it just made me even more thankful that I could celebrate the day with he and the kids while knowing my Mom was just a phone call away.

Early today I heard on TV someone say, "Today's a day to thank your Mom for her usually thankless job."  I just chuckled to myself because this guy obviously has never spent a day being a "Mom".  A thankless job?  Are you kidding me????!!!!  I have never had a job that I received more gratitude for in my whole life!  This morning I poured a glass of milk and was not only thanked but told how much I was loved.  This past week I made sure my daughter made it to riding lessons even though our schedule was over loaded and I received more thanks than I could even imagine as she told me all about her lesson with a smile on her face while I tucked her into bed that night.  Before Coop's soccer practice on Wednesday I kicked the ball around with him and when we were done he ran over and gave me a hug before heading onto the field.  My thanks are plentiful and often.  I feel like a superstar most of the time just because I am a Mom.  Being a Mom is hard work, difficult, stressful, demanding and at times exhausting but one thing it is not is thankless.  I will never do anything as rewarding as being a Mother.  I wake up excited to see them and go to bed anxious for morning to arrive.  I never get tired of it and always strive to be better today than I was yesterday.  This one day that is set aside to celebrate this amazing gift of Motherhood is really just one day to remind us Mothers exactly how lucky we really are!

My morning started off great.  I was up before everyone else which Raelynn scolded me for when she woke.  She drug Terry out of bed and out of the house.  When they returned they had flowers, candy, breakfast and a great card.  It was so sweet!  Raelynn had made a flower pot at BGC earlier in the week.  This morning she filled my flower pot with the most creative way with my favorite treats.  She filled the pot with Jelly Bellies for the soil and then stuck red licorice in it that had cream cheese frosting at the tip rolled in sprinkles so that they looked like flowers.  It was really awesome!  Coop finally woke up about 9:45am.  He never sleeps in like that.  He got up and was very thirsty.  He was sitting with all of us eating breakfast and drinking milk, a lot of milk.  All the sudden he said his stomach was hurting really bad.  I picked him up and he buried his head in my chest and snuggled.  I was just about to head out the door for church when Coop threw up all down my shirt.  It was the perfect Mother's Day morning!  :)  So back into the shower I went and still made it to church in time but only checked in on the rooms I am in charge of and then headed back home to make sure Coop was ok.  He threw up again, however, by 3pm you would have never known anything had happened to him.   They played outside way into the evening.  While Raelynn was in the shower and Terry was getting the grill ready Coop and I rant to the store.  While there Coop said, "I will never leave you on Mother's Day, ever!"  I asked if he would leave me on another day?  He responded, "well I have to go to school, and I have to grow up but I won't leave you on the other days."  This also lead to him saying he has never seen a real girlfriend and boyfriend.  I told him he had, Aunt Karli and Chad are boyfriend and girlfriend and he said, "No, Aunt Karli doesn't wear a dress!"  What?!  I have no idea what that has to do with it but according to Cooper a real boyfriend and girlfriend wear suits and dresses!  I had no idea!  That's how conversation with him are these day....all over the place but I learn something new every time.  Anyway, it was just a fantastic day that ended with Terry grilling.  Yummy!





0 comments: