CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

BEDTIME...

Some nights bedtime is my favorite time of the evening.  It isn't because the kids are going to bed but because it is a quiet time I am one on one with each of them.  We have had some great conversations in this 15 minutes or so each night.  Tonight was one of those nights with Coop.  I still say prayers with Coop.  We take turns saying them.  Tonight it was his turn.  Our friends lost a very special person today and our family had talked about it earlier in the evening.  So as Coop was saying his prayers he says, "God please take care of Kaden and Brooks Grandma up there with you she may not know where everything is yet."  Now it was actually their Great Grandma but I didn't say a word.  It made me tear up and chuckle at the same time.  I love his perspective on things and his thoughtfulness.  After prayers he says, "Mom, Henri Matisse, he's a famous artist, when he was little he was in the hospital and had his appendix out.  His Mom bought his an art set and that is when he found out he loved art!"  I asked a few questioned and learned that he painted with a stick?  He told me several other facts and then said, "that's what we learn in art then we get to paint like the artist we learn about.  It's pretty cool."  I cannot tell you how much I like to see and hear him learn.  He so loves school and everything about it.  You never really know what he is learning until he decides to tell you but when he does, I am always blown away.

So after a couple nights of missing out on bedtime because I have been sick, I am so happy to be back in the routine.  I can only hope this stinkin cold completely goes away soon.  My nighttime work and early morning workouts are suffering greatly! Grrrrr!

0 comments: